Short Victory

"Form sword." Shiro instructed, and Keith's and Pidge's lions came together to form a sword, which Keith's lion held upwards in a defensive position. Zarkon's ship stopped, farther from Voltron ​than expected. A sea of galra fighters shot out from the mother ship, zooming towards Voltron.

"Attack!" Shiro yelled, and Keith sliced through the first wave of small ships. Suddenly, from all around, more were exploding or just ceasing to fight. A video popped up on all of Vorlron's screens.

"Shiro?!" Matt asked, appearing on the screen. "Wow, I didn't expect that to happen! Well, Voltron, my name is Matt Holt, and you should know that we're here to help. All able bodied life forms from around the universe that have ships have come to assist you."

"How did you know to come? I'm not reading any distress signals from Earth!" Pidge asked.

"Zarkon is broadcasting video of the fight to all galra stations, which are then broadcasting it to all nearby planets. Zarkon keeps saying he wants to show the end of Voltron and of the paladin's home!"

"Well, he's in for a big disappointment! We've got this fight in the bag, now that you guys are here!" Lance said. Matt smiled and his image closed.

"Why didn't you tell him it was you, Pidge?! He didn't even recognize you!" Hunk asked.

"Well, first off, it's hardly the time," Pudge answered, firing at a galra ship. "And secondly, it's been over two years and he expects me to be on Earth. I don't think he would have recognized me if it'd been the Monday we left!"

"That doesn't matter right now. Right now, what matter is this battle!" Shiro said. "Form Shoulder Cannon!" The yellow cannon appeared on Voltlron's shoulders, and Hunk began firing it as fast as he could at the approaching attackers.

"Watch out, Lance!" Keith yelled, but before Lance could do anything, Pidge had formed her shield to protect Lance. The force of the Ion Cannon's blast sent them back a bit, but nobody was hurt.

"Thanks, Pidge!" Lance sighed, happy that he was alive.

"No problem, Lance!" She replied, smiling as she punched at least seventy galra fighters back to Zarkon's ship, where they exploded and left a hole in the hull. "Get rekt! One shotted." She said, grinning now.

"Technically that wasn't a shot," Hunk argued. "This is a shot!" He fired his cannon straight at Zarkon's ship, dabbing as it went straight through the metal hull.

"Don't do it like that!" Lance shouted, holding onto the controls as he, too, dabbed, kicking away a swarm of galra fighters. "Do it like that."

"I hate you all." Keith said, slicing at more galra ships.

"Don't be a hater, be a player!" Lance said, dab-kicking more fighter ships.

"Lance, stay focused!" Shiro yelled.

"I am focused!" He yelled back, kicking at another swarm of fighters and missing. "Well, I was focused!"

"Shut up and stay on task!" Keith shouted. Voltron was suddenly disbanded, all of the lions splitting apart.

"What just happened?!" Pidge asked.

"Zarkon!" Hunk yelled as the face of the galra emperor appeared in front of the paladins.

"Turn yourselves in and your planet will be spared." He said, smiling mercilessly.

"Never." Shiro responded loudly. "You don't have the power to destroy Earth." He gestured to Zarkon's ship, which was currently being shot at from every angle. Pieces of it were floating around near it, and there were nearly no lights on. Zarkon's video feed cut out for a second, and when he came back, the room was shaking.

"You are unwise to decline." He said, and his video feed when dead as a yellow beam shot out from Zarkon's ship, sending Voltron down to Earth.

Sorry for the shorter chapter! I didn't know how to continue it and still be able to end it without making it extra long/have a bigger cliffhanger than I wanted.