Chapter 1: Battle Site

Gemini and Osciris stepped down the rocky slope as the wind howled at their ears and cloths. Tree branches are at their skin, ripping up the worn cloth that covered them. "Why in the hell are we doing this Gem?!" Osciris said as he almost tripped over a rock, landing his hands on her shoulders to steady himself. She looks over at him and makes a face, and brushes off his hands. "It's forbidden by the village to come out here! You know the stories Gem! It's too dangerous!" Osciris stepped in front of her in order to stop her from proceeding.

She looks at him with her eyes piercing straight through him, prominence holding true."well, if you're such a wimp, why didn't you just stay behind at the village?" She walks past him, brushing past his arm. He grabs her hand and grips it tightly, but comfortably. He turns her around. " 'cause I couldn't just let you go alone. You may be smarter and stronger than me, but you never know what could happen out here! At least two is better than one to bring down a jackalope." (An omnivorous magical creature, somewhat a mix between a huge rabbit and a bear.)

She looks down at his hand and blushes a little bit, and looks away quickly. "O-ok, fine, you're right. Maybe I am a little scared. But this is way better than the village, better than always training to use magic and swords and stuff. I mean, come on, you know it's soooo boring! Let's have an adventure for once. Please!" She turns to him, eyes pleading, the blush still visible. In return of seeing her pretty face, he blushes, looks away, and sighs "... O-ok, I guess we can have a look. But promise me Gem, if it starts getting dangerous, we're running back to the village, alri-oof" he's gripped into a strong hug by Gemini, which only seems to make them both blush more. She smiles up to him.

"Thanks O. " she rubs her face on him a little and lets go and looks up at him. There was a call from a bird, some crickets in the background. Osciris kept staring at her as they pulled back. All sound but her drowned out from his head. She turns into pretty much an apple. "ar-are you ready to go see the Battle Site!" She then says with excitement. He looks at her with a small smile, happy to see her happy. He turns and starts walking. "Yeah. But are you sure it's this way?"

He takes her hand as he steps down a wet rock, moss stuck to it and then onto wet, moist dirt, and helps her down. He looks around and sees an opening in the thick vegetation of trees ahead. The Sunlight glistened through the branches as the two walked closer to the edge of the forest. Gemini is the one to start running first, pulling at Osciris's hand as she runs to the edge and looks out into the opening, her mouth then drops open in amazement and astonishment. So does Osciris as he squeezes her hand gently, and looks over an empty field.

"It's... Huge... The Battle Site." She says with glee, somehow making her face look even cuter in his eyes. As they look out into what is a barren land of trees, miles upon miles of dirt and grass lay there, soiled by Dark energy. Some Craters litter the ground randomly, as if explosives were just thrown at random. The biggest crater was in the middle of the wide circle, it was about a mile wide and in length of its own right. The smile that Gemini always shows when she had a sense of adventure was gleeming on her face, making Osciris smile too."This is it... This is where Lucifer Destroyed Alcor!"