Chapter 2: Origin

"More than a thousand years ago, a war was raged by two gods, our King, Lucifer, and the Devious Alcor. At the time, the Sun had unleashed a powerful storm that knocked out all old technology that we used to use in our everyday lives. People weeped and cried, saddened, but then, when Alcor was defeated, people began crying golden tears. These people were said to be blessed by gods of the heavens, upon the destruction of Alcor. These tears could heal anything, any Sickness, injury, or otherwise. The tears were nicknamed 'Star Dust tears'. The people that cry those tears were paraded as prophets of the gods. Lucifer came back, and was crowned King of the new Kingdom that he named 'Aries', and became known as the savior of the world. He sits on the thrown to this day, Immortal. He taught many people the magic that we use today, the language we speak, and was merciful. He had one rule, however. He said not to recreate the technology we used before. And we did as we were told. Not out of fear, but out of respect. "

The woman looked at the child that laid in the bed, who was looking at the woman with sheer glee and amazement. "Momma, momma, have you ever seen anyone cry Star Dust?" The child asked. The woman, with orange hair, and deep, blue eyes, looked at the child with wise, old age, freckles spread across her face. "No, I haven't. But when I do, I'll tell you all about it." She smiled and leaned down, kissing the child on the forehead. "Ok, my sweet Gemini? Momma has to leave tonight for a special trip, but when I come back, I'll tell you more stories." She leaned back and looked down at the child. Gemini looked back up at her with happiness in her eyes. "Ok momma, love you!" The child turns over in her bed, as the mom gets up and blows out the candle that lit the room. As she walked out the door, she turned her head, to look at the child one more time, sorrow in her eyes and a hint of sadness on her face. "Love you too, Gemini... Goodbye, my child." She whispered and closed the door. She walked to the front of the small village house, and stepped out into the cold, rainy night, with the wet, sloshy ground beneath her. She pulls on her hood, as people with the same type of hood surround her. She looks at all of them, and stares with a small frown. She looks back at the house, and sighs. She then looks down, as the rain patters on her hood. "Lets get to the Battle site..." She says without hesitation. They walk off, as a little girl watches from the window, tears going down her face slowly, they were glowing, but the child didn't notice. "Goodbye mommy."

*Blink*

Gemini's mouth closed up, at the memory of her mother. She had passed around as an orphan of the village after that, until Osciris' family took her in. Now, she finally has a chance. A chance to find out what happened to her mother on that night, the night that ever so haunts her as the last memory of her mother. She turned to Osciris, who's smile glistened in sunlight. A smirk crossed Gemini's face as she punched his arm. " Come on O, lets go down there!" She began climbing down the rocky slope as Osciris rolled his eyes and followed behind.