Wrong Question

They had gone around the class with no one breaking the rules, that was until they reached Thomas. "This is stupid," He mumbled quietly, "never have I ever been homosexual," Thomas said before looking over at TJ to see if he would erase his number.

"Nope," Levi interrupted, " That counts as too personal, there will be no outing people in my class," He stated as a warning. "Chose a different question or be skipped."

Thomas let out an annoyed sign. "I don't have any good ones, so fine I guess this stupid one will work. Never have I ever killed anyone." He said again not really expecting anyone to have done it.

The whole class stopped in their tracks as Levi closed his eyes and wiped his number. He knew he was going to have to explain. 'It wouldn't matter if I called him out for asking a personal question because either way that says I have done it.' Levi thought before holding his breath and wiping the number.

"Before anyone gets the wrong idea," Levi sighed hesitantly. "I used to, I was..." Levi nervously fumbled over his words as he felt his breath getting sucked out of his chest.

Eren was sitting so close to him on the desk that he was able to put his hand on Levi's back without the students seeing. He rubbed little circles on his back making sure to comfort his lover.

Levi took a deep breath to try and better explain. "I was in the war, I was a soldier, I had to do what I had to do to stay alive." He explained more calmly thanks to Eren.

The tension in the room had eased a bit, and the students seemed to understand why Levi was the way he was. Scary, intimidating, calloused, stern, strict, it was all because of what he had been through.

The next student after Thomas had decided to try and easy the new awkwardness in the atmosphere by taking his turn which Levi was grateful for.

"Never have I ever been awake for two days straight." The kid had said hoping the stupid question would bring the atmosphere back to the fun and innocuous one before Thomas' question

Eren erased his bored and Levi followed. TJ erased the board with a shrug and they seemed to be the only three. TJ shrugged showing the teachers a sheepish grin.

"Oh trust me you all will get there one day," Eren stated with a chuckle, "it's called college."

Levi nodded along, "And if you procrastinate it might even happen in high school," Levi warned jokingly bring back his normal composure as the class seemed to accept what had happened and move on from it.

The rest of class had gone pretty smoothly Levi was one of the first people to lose, but Eren was a close second and Alex not far behind them. TJ had lasted pretty long but he eventually hit zero. A good chunk of the class had gotten out, but around half of the class still had numbers when the bell rang.

"Sorry guys looks like that's all for today," Levi said dismissing them. The students had actually enjoyed the class and most of them had fun with the exception of Thomas.

TJ and Alex had thanked Mr. Rivaille and Mr. Jaeger for the fun class. Alex had walked up to Levi before leaving and shyly asked: "Do you need a hug?"

The question caught Levi off guard, but he gave her and TJ a smile and accepted. They both hugged him and told him that he was brave for sharing that out loud. Alex had started heading for the door but TJ stayed back for a moment longer. "Thank you for making him change the question," he said and Levi knew exactly what he had meant.

TJ felt slightly guilty because Levi was trying to protect him he ended up getting affected.

"Of course." Levi smiled and ruffled TJ's hair.

TJ made a little pout as he fixed his hair, but he secretly enjoyed the kind affection.

He started heading for the door before turning around. "Oh, um, are you two staying after school?" He asked nervously.

"Yup," Eren answered as he finished setting down the whiteboards so that they was one at each desk.

"Would you mind if I hung out in here again?" TJ asked with slight hesitance as he avoided any eye contact with them.

"We would love to have you," Levi said with a smile as he walked up beside Eren.

TJ nodded and then with Alex proceeded quickly to his next class.

Eren waited for the door to close before turning to Levi. "Are you okay?" He asked quietly trying to read Levi's emotions.

"I'm fine," Levi said with an empty expression before clenching his jaw and swallowing hard in an attempt to fight any emotions.

"Bullshit," Eren said before wrapping his arms around his lover.

Levi buried his head in Eren's chest and held onto him tightly. "That wasn't supposed to happen." Levi whispered, "they weren't supposed to know, they weren't supposed to see." Levi mumbled mostly to himself.

"Levi it's okay to open up to people, it's okay to show emotion you don't have to hide it. You don't have to fight alone." Eren said running his fingers through Levi's hair.

"Why do you stay by my side, I have so much blood on my hands all I see is red. Everything I touch gets stained with my disgraces," Levi said before looking up at Eren. He took a shaky breath and continued, "Eren, I don't want to drag you into the bloodshed and horrors." Levi said as his voice quivered and eyes began to sting.

Eren just pulled him back into a tight hug. "I'm not going anywhere, Levi. Besides, I let you help me with my problems let me help you with your's." Eren said leaning his chin down on Levi's shoulder.

They whipped around as both of their attention was drawn to the door which had just closed. They heard footsteps running away from it on the other side. Levi immediately ran to the door opening it to try and see who was eavesdropping, but by the time he had reached it the hallway was empty.

"Shit," he mumbled, "Let's hope whoever it was didn't see or hear too much." Levi locked the door and walked over to his desk collapsing in his chair. Eren followed him over and sat next to him they had more to talk about.