Emergency Room

Eren rushed them out to the car and took the keys from Levi who insisted on driving. "My car, I drive," Eren said with a smirk as he pointed at the passenger side door for Levi to walk around too.

"Fine," he grumbled as he got into the passenger seat. Jean hesitantly but quietly got into the back seat. He had remained quiet throughout the whole ride. Levi, on the other hand, was picking fights about every little thing. He was purposely trying to get on Eren's nerves proudly as punishment for making him go to the hospital. He would mess with the radio or turn on the heater or air conditioner. It got to the point where Eren told him if he touched one more button he would break his finger. To which Levi huffed and crossed his arms and slouch down in his seat.

Eren had looked in his rearview mirror to check on Jean since he had been so quiet. He saw that Jean was looking out the window but his jaw was clenched tight and his eyes looked scared almost as if he had just witnessed something horrendous. Eren let out a sigh and decided he would ask him about it when they got there.

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence. Levi was pouting and remained quiet. He was trying so hard to annoy Eren to the point Eren would turn the car around but it hadn't worked. Levi wasn't too crazy over hospitals. Every time he had been to one he was either visiting someone or was getting stitched up from another bullet wound or stab wound. He tried to avoid hospitals as much as possible. He never had the best memories in hospitals, too much death.

Jean on the other hand never really had a problem with hospitals. That was until four years ago when he almost watched his best friend die in a hospital bed while he stood by helplessly. Ever since that day he hasn't been able to so much as think of a hospital without flashing back to those long stressful days.

Jean was too worried about having to go into the hospital that he forgot who had been working at the hospital as of lately.

"Jean?" Eren said getting him out of his thoughts. Everyone had gotten out of the car but Jean was still sitting there unmoved to deep in his thoughts. He hadn't even really registered that the car had stopped let alone that everyone had gotten out of the car.

Jean blinked and looked up to see Eren standing with Jean's door open giving him a concerned look. "Huh?" Jean asked confused.

"We're here," Eren repeated.

"Oh, sorry, I was day dreaming," he said with an unconvincing smile.

Eren stepped out of the way as Jean got out of the car. They started walking to the door Jean dragged behind Eren and Levi. His eyes were directed at the floor because he couldn't even bear to look at the building.

Eren dropped back and insisted that Levi go on ahead of him. He waited for Jean and started walking with him. Jean didn't even seem to realize Eren was right next to him. Eren bumped his arm to try and get his attention. Jean's gaze moved up to the face next to him.

"What's eating at you?" Eren asked hoping to figure out why Jean's off his game.

"I'm not fond of hospitals," Jean mumbled out as his gaze landed back on the floor. He couldn't bear to face Eren or tell him the truth. He didn't want to bring up any memories that may be painful to remember.

"I understand," Eren said with a little smile, "I don't particularly like them that much. I can say Levi doesn't quite like them either," Eren said with a light chuckle.

"He doesn't?" Jean asked looking back up at Eren. He could see why Eren wouldn't like them but Levi? Was it the same reason that he didn't like them?

"Of course he doesn't," Eren laughed, "I mean have you ever seen Levi act so ornery. He was trying to get on my nerves," Eren said with a shrug. "He's easy to read when you've been with him for a while."