Chapter 8: Rajnath's Rage

The dream that Arman had seen minutes earlier was too real for him to ignore. He was now aware that his dreams were not your typical ones. He realized that every dream he had had some sort of connection to his actual life. As the old man stated, "Follow your dreams and you will discover your answers." Arman had no idea what to think or understand about his dream. That woman, who was she? What does the term "Jinha" mean? And why does this demon keep appearing to him? And unlike the other dreams, this one had the demon talking about how he preferred Arman to be sad.

Arman stood up from his desk, turned down the lights, and removed his sweat-drenched T-shirt. He moved to his bed and made an unsuccessful attempt to fall asleep. He was kept awake by the demon's remarks; he was unable to find any comfort. He was tense because he couldn't figure out what the demon meant by those statements. Was he in peril, he had to know? Or was he going to be hurt by someone? Was this dream connected to the odd individuals he saw on the streets? He was growing more perplexed and afraid the more he attempted to solve it.

He continued to think without realizing the sun had risen. He lay in bed and continued to stare at his ceiling. Abruptly, he heard the bedroom door thud loudly. Because he hadn't slept well, he wasn't able to comprehend or think clearly about what was going on around him.

Ashita barged into Arman's room, shouting, "Wake up, sleepy head." Arman, who was hiding under his blankets, said, "Ashita! at least don't barge in my room like that, I am not wearing my T-shirt." "Oh my gosh, Arman, I'm not falling in love with you—at least not from the way your skinny, shirtless body looks." Ashita chuckled. "Very mature," Arman replied, giving Ashita a Deadly look.

"Are you going to spend the entire day in bed? Gosh, don't tell me you were studying the whole night again," Ashita questioned, disgusted, as she passed him his T-shirt.

"No, I wasn't," he said while wearing his T-shirt. "I couldn't." "What a huge fat liar," Ashita chuckled. "You clearly don't know how to lie." He said, growing irritated, "Okay fine, whatever! What are you doing here in the first place?" She answered, "Well, I've come to take you." "To where?" he inquired. "To the Fair! We're going, for sure," she answered, beaming broadly.

'No, I have to study,' was his sluggish reply. She firmly declared, "Arman Sheikh, I am not listening to anything. You are coming, and this Sunday is not going to be a dull study sort of Sunday." "All right! Alright, all right," he responded, admitting that he really did need a break from it all, even the strange demon dream. "Well, get dressed, we're heading out in a little while."

"I haven't even washed my teeth!" he said, shocked. She teased, "So hurry up, princess, we are getting late. Come on, let's go; we'll eat on the way."

Arman hurried to his bathroom, where he took a bath and washed his teeth. He exited after putting a towel around his waist. Ashita remained in his chamber. He asked in an obnoxious manner, "Do you want me to change in front of you?" She laughed, "Well, I don't mind." "Because you don't have one," Arman said cynically. As she turned to leave the room, she chuckled, "Gosh, you're so bashful, Arman! I don't know how you will deal with your girlfriend seeing you like this." "HaHaHa very funny Ashita," he muttered, glaring at her.

At last, Arman and Ashita departed from his residence. They both went to the nearest bus stop to get a bus to the Fair, which was about a half-hour distant from the city. Arman wasn't as thrilled as Ashita was since he doesn't think attending a Fair or other social event is very intriguing.

She pulled sandwiches out of her purse and remarked, "At least enjoy it for once, you must be hungry." When the bus arrived, they sat down together. Ashita became even more eager as the bus began to move away. She knew Arman was afraid of heights, so she was excited to take him on the big wheel. She laughed at the notion of seeing Arman dread for his life. "What's wrong?" He enquired. "Nothing," she reassured him, not wanting to reveal her plan to Arman.

Ashita had no idea that she wasn't the only one who had plans to harm Arman; before long, the bus left the city and headed into breathtaking scenery. Gazing at the breathtaking landscape, Arman felt at ease. Arman received an earbud from Ashita, who linked them so they could both listen to music while they traveled.

When the bus came to a stop, Ashita gestured to Arman that they had arrived at the fair and that they needed to get off. After the security guard at the fair inspected the two tickets she had removed from her wallet, they were permitted in.

Ashita walked in and began to grin widely. She wanted to try everything, whereas Arman only wanted to sit on a bench, buy a book, and read it. But certainly Ashita would not allow it. She grabbed Arman's hand and pulled him all over the place; they went from one ride to the next and continued to other rides. Arman was clearly terrified, but for the first time, he was having fun. He was delighted he had come to the Fair with her. Ashita grew exhausted and wanted a rest; Arman proposed that they play some games to see if they might win any rewards.

Arman took over the game since it required precise aim, which was a skill that he possessed. Ashita was overjoyed when he gave her the teddy bear he had won. Arman won something in every game he played; he gave Ashita some prizes and kept some for himself.

As the sun began to set, Ashita and Arman were having a great time. With the exception of the large wheel, which Ashita saved for last, they rode every ride. "Come on, we're heading for the big wheel," Ashita exclaimed. "What?" arman asked, his eyes going completely wide. "Yes, let's go," she said, grabbing his hand and dragging him away firmly. "What? Whoa! No, no, no! We're not going to do that because, as you know, I'm terrified of heights." "Come on, it will be enjoyable, and I promise that once you confront your fears, they won't frighten you ever again."

It was as though Ashita had inspired him. He ultimately made the decision to ride the big wheel. Arman felt sick to his stomach and wanted to stop as soon as it began. However, it was already too late. When Arman got off the ride, Ashita burst out laughing. "You find this amusing," a sick-looking Arman remarked. "Well, okay, I apologize for being insensitive, but I found it pretty funny to watch you act that way." Arman shot Ashita a glare. "All right, I'll use the restroom. In the interim, how about you go for a stroll or something?" stated Ashita. After agreeing, Arman went for a stroll.

As he walked, he observed the people around him; they all appeared to be having a great time. Arman felt as though someone was watching him all of a sudden. He froze as soon as he turned around. Rajnath stood in front of him and was grinning strangely at him. "Hey, what up, nerd!" With a mocking tone, Rajnath spoke. "Look, Rajnath, I'm not looking for trouble; I'm here to have fun." Arman stated firmly. Rajnath responded, "Oh sure, sure, I'm here to have my share of fun too."

Arman was dragged into a lone corner by him, where his friends were waiting for him, with his hands covering him. Arman was thrown to the ground by Rajnath, who exclaimed, "Look who's here, guys. Let's give him our warm surprise, shall we?" They all begin to kick poor Arman. Arman made a pitiful attempt to block the kicks. After holding Arman straight for a while, two of Rajnath's friends began boxing him in the stomach. The other friends slapped Arman and began hitting him with a bat and other objects. Arman began to bleed profusely soon after. "Oh look, the shit head is bleeding, I guess he should be given a better treatment," Rajnath remarked as he removed a metal rod and began striking Arman on the hands and stomach. The others joined in as well.

As they beat Arman, they showed no mercy. All they wanted was retribution. Arman quickly degraded to the point where he was unable to even stand up for himself. Abruptly, a friend of Rajnath grabbed the metal rod and struck him so hard on the head that blood spurted and he collapsed to the floor. After being struck, Arman lost his ability to understand anything; everything appeared blurry or faded. It seemed like they wanted him dead, they were still not satisfied. So they approached him, but then backed away. Arman attempted to see what was going on. As he lay on the floor, beaten, he carefully turned his head to his left and saw someone standing by his side. He could make out that it was someone very tall and thin, dressed in a black suit and a red tie.

"Who are..." Before Arman could finish his sentence, his eyes closed and he fell unconscious. The last thing he heard was Rajnath's terrified screams.