Chapter 10: Predictions from the Unknown

Arman was worried by the texts he was getting. Arman wondered in his mind, "Who the heck is this person and how is he doing this?"

~beep~

There was another text message. "I have informed you I am a buddy and I am reading your mind; isn't that enough of an answer?" Arman was starting to become annoyed with what was going on. All he needed to know was the identity of this individual and the purpose of his texts. He initially believed Ashita was pulling a practical joke on him, but since he knows her so well, he knows she wouldn't act in such a way when he's in this kind of turmoil. Arman got out his phone and began typing a message to the same number: "Look, if you don't tell me who you really are, I'll definitely report you to the police." He waited carefully after pressing the send button.

After several hours had gone by with no fresh message from the same number, Arman deduced that the texter was a college student trying to frighten him or amuse themselves.

~beep~

Arman looked at his phone and saw another text message. When he looked up to see who had sent the message, his expression turned horrified. "Oh I love it when people leap to conclusions," said the same number.

~beep~

A fresh text message that said, "Oh yes, just so you know, I'm not afraid of your cops or anything. Proof? Why don't you call the number and see for yourself? Arman was now terrified of what was occurring and furious as well. Out of rage, he called the number from which he was receiving messages to find out who this person was and why he was disrespecting him. When he heard the operator remark, "Sorry, this number does not exist. Please verify the number you have called," his expression went blank.

By this point, Arman realized something was clearly wrong because he couldn't be receiving a message from a nonexistent number. "This is impossible," he concluded.

~beep~

He looked at his phone. "My friend, nothing is impossible." He began to wonder who this person could be: the guy in the strange outfit contacting him, or the elderly man whom Arman initially met and later Ashita may have encountered at the fair. Even if he would never believe in such things, he picked his phone and began to type after what he believed to be much more plausible. But then he started having dreams that told him what was about to happen to him in real life, which proved that the impossible, as well as the things he couldn't believe in, were also possible. He texted, "Are you the old man I met that day who had a crystal ball with him?" and waited.

~beep~

He opened the message, which read 'maybe yes, maybe not:P'. Angry with the new text, Arman replied, "Look, I don't appreciate such games. Would you like to tell me who you are or not? Because I am becoming agitated now.

~beep~

Another message said, "Hold down your horses child, cool down, I'm here to help you." Arman responded to that text message with, "How?"

~beep~

'In my own methods, you don't have to worry,' said the new text. "Prove that you're here to help me and not to do something else," Arman responded back.

~beep~

This time, it was a very long message; Arman read it and noticed various items written with times next to them. There was also another message that said, ~beep~

This time it was a very long message; Arman opened it and saw there were some things written with timing next to it. Another message came which read 'I have given you the list of what is going to happen with you tomorrow, after that I will text you up because I'm sure I will gain your trust by then'