Prologue Part 3

~Natsu~
FINALLY! Last class of the day for me is gym. Gildarts teaches it, even though he does Chemistry too. Today he's gonna let us play volleyball and I'm sooo hyped! Gray's on the other team and I can't wait to crush him. On my team it's me, Lucy, Jellal, Elfman, and Juvia. Over on Gray's side it was him, Alzack, Gajeel, Bixlow, and Evergreen. We were totally gonna win. I was internally grateful that Erza wasn't here cause no matter who's team she's on she can get pretty scary.

"Ok Natsu serve the ball!" Gildarts called out.

I grinned and threw the ball up and smacked it over while yelling, "Prepare to taste dirt stripper!"

Unfortunately he managed to smack it back over here. "There's no dirt here dumbass!" he yelled back.

The ball sailed to the back of us but Elfman hit it back over. "Its manly to play sports!" he yelled out.

Evergreen jumped high enough to send it back towards us. "I'm a woman you brainless oaf!" she screamed.

It was coming my way and I jumped up to send it back over but I missed. I heard it hit the ground behind me. "Dammit!" I said in anger.

I looked up and saw all of Gray's team with horrified looks on their faces. I rolled my eyes at them. "Jeez guys, don't look so scared that I missed the ball it's not that big a deal."

Gray made a sound of irritation. "You're such a dumbass. Take a look behind you."

Ok, now I'm confused. I turned around and saw what he was talking about. Lucy was on the ground holding her head and Juvia was next to her talking quietly and holding her shoulders. The volleyball lay a foot behind her.

Now I understood. "Holy shit! Luce got hit by the ball!" I said loudly as I walked over to her.

"No shit Sherlock," Jellal said sarcastically.

"It's not manly to be an idiot!" Elfman said to me.

"Then how can you be called a man?" I heard Evergreen yell back at him.

"You ok Luce?" I asked her. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The ball hit my head and I fell over and hit it again against the floor. I am a little dizzy though."

"Natsu, can you please take Lucy to the nurse's office? Let's make sure she doesn't have a concussion," Gildarts said from across the room.

I nodded and helped her stand up. She looked a little wobbly so I put her arm around my shoulders and my arm around her waist to keep her upright.

I looked at Gildarts and said, "I'll be back." We left the gym and made our way towards Mira's office. I was feeling kinda guilty that Lucy was like this. If I didn't miss the ball she wouldn't be in pain right now.

"I'm sorry Luce," I told her.

She looked at me confused. "What do you mean?" she asked me.

"If I'd been able to hit the ball you wouldn't have been hurt," I said as I stared straight ahead. I didn't want to see the accusing look in my best friend's eyes.

To my shock, however, I felt her lips press against my cheek. I turned to look at her and found she was smiling.

"You're sweet," she said softly, "but it wasn't your fault. Please don't think that."

I looked into her brown eyes and found myself saying, "Ok."

She smiled. "Good."

We walked the rest of the way in silence. When we got to Mira's office we went right in. Mira was sitting at a desk and was starring at her computer. But she looked away from itwhen she heard us come in.