I DONT WANNA BE PRETTY

Jakes P.O.V.

"Now spin",I spun lazily in the pink dress my mum wanted me to wear,"you'd look beautiful if you'd take that stupid hat off" she said reaching for my snapback.

"Maybe I wanna wear my hat,if you want me to wear this dress than I'll wear my hat" I said taking off the jewelry my mum put on me.

She grunted and walked out of the dressing room,when she left I took the dress off and put on my regular baggy cloths trying to make my chest look flat.

I walked out and saw my mum already paying for the dress,I walked up next to my mum and kept my arms crossed.

"Well your daughter doesn't look so....." I looked at her as she tried to find the words to say "posh",I uncrossed my arms and felt like I was gonna scream.

"First off,I'm a boy,and second,I'm not posh",my mom lightly smacked the back of my head knocking my hat off letting my hair faʟʟ

"Watch your attitude young lady,I'm sorry for her behavior" I pinned my hair back up and put my hat on."call me a fucking lady or a her/she every again I'll RIP YOUR FUCKING THROAT OUT"

I then stormed out of the store ignoring my mum trying to run after me.

I walked to the nearby park and sat by the pond hugging my knees and just...... Cried.

I took off my hat and let my long-ish hair down,I threw my hat behind me angrily and just continued crying,"um-are you-ok"

I turned around and saw a tall boy with curly hair,I sniffed and wiped away my tears,"yeah,I'm fine",he looked at me sadly and sat next to me.

"I-uhm,think this is yours" he said handing me my hat,I looked up and gave him a half smile,"thanks,what's your name" I said trying to start conversation.

"Ashton, and you" he said curiously "Jake,nice to meet you" I said holding my hand out to shake his,he shook my hand.

"Why were you crying earlier" he said looking at me after throwing a rock in the pond,I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Well I was at the dress shop with my mom and she made me try on this pink preppy dress","I think you'd look pretty in a dress"

I grabbed my head in frustration and grunted,"the point is, I'm-" I stopped and took a deep breath "I'm transgender,ftm to be exact"

"I'm so sorry-i didn't know i-" I interrupted him "its ok,I don't have my hat on right now so I don't blame you" I said putting my hair up and hat on.

"Well do you a need any help or something.....me and my mates can help you",I smiled  "thanks but I'm fine,but maybe we can be friends ya know".

He smiled back "I'd like that,let's go find my mates", he stood up and held his hand out to help me up.I took his hand and smiled.

~time skip~

"so your boy in a girls body" Luke said looking at me confused,"well technically, I was born in the wrong body-kind of,I just felt like I wasn't meant to be a girl" I said explaining.

"Oh,sorry" he said rubbing the back of his head,"its fine" I said smiling."how about you guys ask me things you wanna know about trans"

"Where do your... Um.....ya know" Calum said nervously,"ace bandages,my mum won't let me get a binder yet" he nodded and I went on to the next question.

"Do you have to explain to everyone about your gender",I thought about this question for a moment,"it depends if they've ever met a trans person"

They asked more questions,we ate pizza and watched TV until it got late,I sighed and frowned,"well guys I gotta go back to my hell hole supposedly called home"

I stood up putting my keys in my pocket,"do you want us to walk you" Ashton said standing up,"I guess" I said shrugging.

~ⓣⓘⓜⓔ ⓢⓚⓘⓟ~

"well I'll see you guys tomorrow I guess" I said holding my keys in my hand easy to unlock the door to face my bitch of a mum.

"See ya tomorrow" they all said waving. I walked into the door to see my mum on the stairs,"and where have you been,Allison.

I knew I was in huge trouble because my mom never sits on the stairs."i-uh-i was at my friends house",I said nervously hanging my keys and jacket up.

"yeah right,you don't have friends.AND IF YOU EVER EMBARRASS ME IN PUBLIC LIKE THAT AGAIN YOUR NEVER GONNA WALK STRAIGHT AGAIN" she said yelling in my face.

"I-im sorry mum" I felt a stinging pain on my right cheek and than noticed that she slapped me,I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Pretty girls don't cry" she said wiping the tear off my face,"I DONT WANNA BE A PRETTY GIRL" I yelled slapping her hand off of my face.

"WELL YOU ARE AND NOTHINGS CHANGING THAT" she yelled back.I slapped her across her cheek and walked upstairs.

She grabbed my wrist and spun her around placing her hand around my neck.I tried as hard as I could to breath but couldn't.

She then put me down and slapped me so hard that I fell over screaming/crying in pain. At that moment I heard a knock.

"Stop crying and get the door tranny" I laughed at the name my mom called me and she slapped me again.

I answered the door to see Ashton standing there holding my phone,"thanks" I said reaching for it,"are you ok" he said apparently seeing the huge hand mark on the side of my face.

"Yeah im perfectly fine, now give me my phone" I lied, I wasn't fine at all,I was in pain,"nano your not your neck is red" he said touching my neck making me wince in pain."see I told you,now come out here and talk to me" I sighed and stepped out on the patio.

"So what's wrong" Ashton said sitting next to me on the porch swing,"its my bitch mom,she doesn't like Jake....she only likes Allison", Ashton gave me a confused look "who's Allison" I sighed and looked at him,"the girl I  used to be".

We sat and talked for a while until my mom a me out yelling at me,"GET YOUR ASS INSIDE ALLISON",I looked at her confused,"I'm sorry but Allison isn't here,and i don't even know who she is soooooo". The boys tried holding back their laughs but failed.

"So are these the boys you've been opening your legs to" she said putting her hands on her hips, I stood up and put a hand on her shoulder,"well,boys have penis and girls have a vagina,and when boys open their legs,a dick is there,so when I open my legs there's a dick which means I can't get fucked unless I get it from behind, ok sweetie" I said in my 'mother' voice.

she slapped me across my cheek,"shut up and get your ass inside" she pulled me by my hair and dragged me inside,"keep your fucking hands off him" Michael said standing up,she stopped in her tracks and pushed me to the ground.

"what did you just say","you heard me,KEEP.YOUR.FUCKING.HANDS.OFF.OF.HIM Michael said as she got closer to him,"first of all shes my daughter and I can do whatever I want to her,and second of all its a she not a he.

she was now in Michaels face,both of there chest touching,"first of all get the fuck away from me" he said pushing her bac making her almost fall,-"and second of all hes a boy"

I sat in the corner of the patio my knees pulled up to my ches covering my ears as they fought back and forth

'don't worry it'll all be soon,you went through it when her and dad were fighting,so you can make it through it this time just think happy thought,just think happy thoughts,just thi-' "shhhhh,its ok,its gonna be alright", I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I was bawling my eyes out and Luke was cradling me trying to soothe me.

"its gonna be alright calm down",after some time of being calmed I fell asleep in Lukes arms