Chapter 3

*11 Years Later*

Sam's Pov

I have been teaching new werewolves about how to control their anger and how to phase between their wolf and human forms. Being the alpha is hard work and I am ready to go home to my beautiful finance – Emily. When I made it to our house, I was shocked to see Emily on the floor crying in the kitchen. I immediately ran toward her and hugged her, whispering soothing words in her ear.

When she calmed down to the point where she was sniffling every so often, I decided to ask what was wrong. "Hey babe. What's wrong?" I asked quietly, not wanting to startle her. She opened her mouth, ready to answer the question but immediately shut it and started to tear up again. "Babe, Em, please the cry. Please tell me what's wrong?" I asked, wanting nothing more than to see my imprint smile. "I-I-I.. I can't have kids." she said looking at the floor.

"I went to the doctor because I thought I might be pregnant but I found out I couldn't have any kids." she started, "and I know you want kids and I thought you were going to reject me after I told you." she concluded, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks. "Hey, hey, its okay. I'm not mad and I am not going to reject you Em. You are my world." I said hoping to cheer her up. "Promise?" she said finally looking at me. "I promise. And if you want. we can adopt kids."

"Okay." she said perking up, "lets adopt." "I can call an adoption center close by and schedule a time to come in. In the meantime, we need to decided what kind of kid we want to adopt and how many." Emily looked deep in thought after I said that. "Oh. Can we adopt two kids, please I have always wanted more than one." she said while looking at me with puppy dog eyes. "Of course sweetie. What kind of kid to you want?" I asked. "You decide, I decided on the number so you can decide on what kind of kid." she happily said.

"Ummm. We can possibly adopt girls. I really want daughters, I don't care how old they are as long as we have some time with them." I said wanting to actually raise the kids we adopt. She nodded, agreeing with me, "I agree. Now. lets call the adoption center and schedule an appointment." Emily said excitedly. "Okay, okay." I laughed, I am calling them now. I concluded walking into the living to make the call.