Eve!

Steven: We need to talk.

For some reason, all the joy I had, vanish like thin air with those words. Even the atmosphere feels different between us. I look at Vidarr, Dante and Ray, since they're watching this reunion with Steven. With my hands, I showed them that they need to get out of the room. They all leave, awkwardly.

Me: Fine, I need to talk to you too.

Steven: What are you doing in Johto and in prison?

Me: Well that's odd, you didn't communicate with me through the year and for some reason you appeared out of nowhere to "bail me out". This also remind me that I'm a free person, I can go wherever I want, whenever I want.

Steven: Seriously Arty?

Me: And don't call me Arty anymore, only Vidarr and Dante can call me that, since they're my closest friends.

Steven: ... By the way, my Match Call feature its a little more updated than yours. It's true that no trainer can reach me when I'm exploring caves and mountains, but every call that has to do with the Police, Devon Corp or any Hospital, can reach me wherever I go.

I still feel the anger boiling inside me. But, somehow I can't help that I have a soft spot for him.

Me: I missed you, and a lot. If I knew about your Match Call, maybe you would have already know about my travel. This must left you in a quite shock.

He just stares at me, I guess he's quite lost or in deep thought. I noticed his hair is a little bit longer and messier, even though it is summer and he's wearing a long sleeve shirt. I bet he was exploring on a cold weather.

Steven: Me too.

I smiled and hugged him tightly. It's been so long since I felt his warmth and his unique scent. Arceus, he's just the best. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door, we both turn our heads to face the door, it was Dante.

Dante: Sorry to interrupt your little reunion. Artemis, before we head on, Ray wants you to meet someone.

Me: Yeah, sure.

Dante walked outside. I looked back at Steven.

Me: I guess I'll see you later, darling.

I smiled brightly at him. I was so happy to see him, I bet I blushed slightly. I turn around and suddenly felt being pull by two hands. Those hands turn me around facing Steven once more and suddenly I felt his lips on mine. Obviously, I responded his kiss. After we stop, we stared at each other and he puts his thumb on my lips, cleaning the rest of our mess.

Steven: Be careful, Mon Beauté.

I was confused and suddenly he gave a quick kiss on my forehead and left. I was there staring into space for a while until Dante screamed at me.

Dante: Oy!

Me: Huh? Oh yeah sorry...

Dante: Is the Heroine of Hoenn blushing?

Me: Eh! Of course not!

Dante: Don't worry, he's your boyfriend anyways. It will be worse if you don't feel anything around him.

Me: Yeah, let's meet the person.

I walked outside with Dante as I felt so much wind blowing around. I opened my eyes for a bit, seeing that Steven's helicopter just flew away. I turn around and saw a weird girl that have a multicolored hair light green eyes with an hourglass body shape, she simply tries to clean herself because of the leaves that fell.

?: Ugh! What a mess?! I swear this guy isn't a gentleman!

Me: Don't talk about him like that!

Vidarr: Arty...

Me: He's one of the most respected guys in the Hoenn Region and around the World. Just because he got inside the helicopter and flies off doesn't mean that he isn't a gentleman.

?: Jiji and who's she?

Ray: She's the Champion of Hoenn, Artemis. Artemis, this is Eve, a new intern in the investigation team.

Eve: I guess Hoenn's Champions are lacking professionalism and maturity.

Me: WHAT!?

Eve: Comparing with Cynthia and Diantha, you aren't feminine enough. They're beautiful,rich, popular and sensually elegant, you on the other hand, you're filthy,aggressive, immature and stupid!

I went inside the station, super pissed, picked my stuff and went outside again. I noticed that Eve raises an eyebrow, analyzing my next move. I grab a Pokéball and do does her and summoned our Pokémon. She summoned a Chimchar and I summoned Skarmory. I was about to call one move when I noticed Ray throwing a Pokéball, summoning a strange giant bird,everyone looked at it surprised. Suddenly a Thunder came from the sky and hit my Skarmory causing it to faint.

Me: What was that for?!

Ray: Artemis, what ever move you plan to do could kill Chimchar. What ever grudge you have with a person, don't involve Pokémon in it! Your Skarmory is three times high leveled comparing to this Chimchar.

What's happening to me lately, I've been getting so mad lately. I really need some anger control pills right now.

Me: Sorry guys...

I said generally but I don't mean it with Eve. Seriously, there's a negative vibe around her and I can feel it. I looked at both, Dante and Vidarr, who are staring at Ray weirdly.

Vidarr: How did you catch a Zapdos?

Vidarr is really concerned about this Zapdos. On the other hand, Eve's eyes reflect joy by seeing the Pokémon.

Ray: I am Ranger, it's my specialty.

Vidarr: Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be caught...

I looked at Ray, I didn't know that was a legendary Pokémon. It should never be caught in a Pokéball.

Ray: I had reasons to do so...

Vidarr was really bothered by this. All I thought was to get him away from her.

Me: OK, remember that this travel benefits mostly for me. My dream is to become The Legendary Trainer, I need to become the champion of this region and defeat Red.

Dante: Not only you, traveling both Johto and Kanto will help me to become The Best Dragon Master, I need to catch all Dragon Type Pokémon.

Vidarr: I heard that Team Rocket are still active while hiding for now. I want to stop those criminals for making Pokémon suffer.

I just loved the passion expressed while they said their goals. I guess we are determined to travel around both regions. Eve looked at us weirdly while Ray just couldn't help to smile.

Me: Traveling these regions is important to all of us. Eve... we had a rough start, but your still welcome in our team.

I aim my arm to do a fist pump if she want to of course. She just stood there for a while.

Eve: Well, I'm still joining this losing team for a while. I'm obligated from the investigation team.

She looked at Ray.

Ray: Yes, and I'll be driving you guys town to town except certain areas that my Geep can't drive.

We all nodded. We started to pack up on Ray's vehicle and we hit Route 30.