3. The Confrontation

Brandon and Austin were both ready to begin the bet. When the two had still been in grade school and Austin was Brandon's closest friend. Now, since graduation, they both wished to be selected into the army. Austin was a tall and muscular German boy with long, dark brown hair and even darker black eyes. Brandon, on the other hand, was a homegrown Netherlands boy with icy blue eyes, a mess of light brown hair atop his head, and a lady-killer's devilish smile.

Over the years, both boys had grown into their figures and either would be thought a man from their firm set jaws and perfectly molded faces. On their summer break, they both had decided to save up money and find work for the summer. Taking a break from their demanding work and celebrating the Annual Spring Festival every year was more than necessary for both.

"Don't soil your pants when you get rejected, pretty boy," Brandon mocked Austin and began to laugh as they both prowled into the crowd in search of suiting women. There were people all over the place; and all types of people too. Austin could easily spot busty women showing off their butts with skimpy clothes, and other women who didn't seem to give a second glance, but Austin wanted to win the bet no matter what. Throughout his high school life he had lost every single bet ever placed to Brandon; this time he wanted it to be different. A girl with glasses, a skinny figure, and a cute round face walked by Austin.

"Okay, this my chance!" He slicked his upper lip with his tongue and held himself straight and proud, with his chest puffed out; just as a real man would.

"My, my, I wonder if you would look twice as beautiful in my arms as you look with these glasses?" Austin stepped forward languidly, trying to make himself clear in front of the young woman. He continued his useless speech, "I'm certain a figure such as yours..." he glanced over her completely flat bosom, "...would perfectly compliment mine!"

The woman turned her head to look at Austin, who seemed to have appeared from out of thin air.

"And who exactly are you? Oh never mind." She waved her hand in the air dismissively. "I can answer my own question; you're just some weirdo trying to be cool and impress your friends. Well, let's just say you look good with those pants on, so why don't you keep them on, slick. I wonder how ugly you would look in just your underwear?" she insulted, chomping on a pink wad of chewing gum. She walked on without giving Austin a second glance.

That was a direct slap to his face but he continued to walk with her; he didn't want to lose this time.

"You have a great sense of humor. The name's Austin," he said, a conniving grin plastered to his face to hide his agitation.

"I also have a great boyfriend. Reece?" the girl called for her boyfriend who appeared in front of them. The burly African American man's face was scrunched up in an annoyed sort of anger. Austin swallowed hard. There was only one direction he could escape in.

"Darling, this guy seems interested in showing off his puny balls. Do you want to help him keep his pants on?" The girl smirked, placing her hands on her boyfriend's beefy shoulder.

"I'd love to help," the black guy said in a heavy, drawling voice that sounded like he had marbles stuck in his throat.

Austin took a cautious step back. "Uh, I think me and my balls should be going now. Thanks anyways for wanting to help." Austin quickly turned on his heel and walked away as fast as he could without running.

Brandon's smug smirk announced that he had watched Austin's exchange with the woman and her man. Just at the sight of Austin's crestfallen face, Brandon mocked him and began to laugh so loud the whole fair could probably hear.

"Oh man, there isn't a worse way to get rejected! She wanted to see you in underwear! Way to go!" Brandon kept laughing, though now it sounded more like wheezing as he was out of breath.