4. Sworn Enemies

"So that means I'm going to be your student? This is stupid!" Mariah protested after just learning that she was going to be a student of Brandon's at the summer camp art classes.

Mariah and Brandon were childhood friends. Mariah had been Brandon's neighbor since they were four. From attending the same school and living with each other, they both learned more about each other than anyone else.

Mariah was an averagely tall girl with a sweet smile always on her face. She had short hair, tanned skin, and a very pronounced curvy figure. Mariah and Brandon's families were so close to each other that after Mariah's parents died, Brandon's mother Mrs. Jane took her in and she started to live with them. Brandon had been Mariah's most prominent love interest since childhood. Brandon never thought of her as a woman, she was just a very good friend to him. Mariah had loved Brandon secretly and had waited for him to realize this since childhood.

"Stop arguing! I'm not teaching for free; it's a decent paying job. Come on, Mariah!" Brandon was pleading for her to help him out.

"Fine! But for how many days?" she asked with her hands on her hips.

Brandon glanced away and hesitantly rocked on his feet.

"Well...just two months. It's the summer, come on! You know we need the money! Mom is sick and we can't afford living without some sort of income!" Brandon spoke as Mariah leaned closer and smiled at him.

"Okay! I won't be helping much though. Why don't you ask Jason to help you out? Besides, he is really smart." Mariah said.

"Don't give me that, you bunny face! You know that dickhead is a pain in the ass!" Brandon was far from interested in asking for Jason's help.

"Fine! But do you even know how to teach arts because before, all you did was music and singing in school," Mariah folded her arms over her chest.

"I can do everything and anything I want to, trust me," he winked and picked his favorite book, 'The Hobbit', from the shelf lining one side of the living room. He sat down in one of the stiff chairs and started to read.

"Hello, lovely boy, wake up! You need to start working and helping your students. I am wondering how the hell did they choose you? Loser face!" Mariah mocked Brandon, a wide grin on her face as she saw the anger in Brandon's eyes.

"You used to be a failure in high school. Writing though as 'thou'; you aren't even smart!" Mariah continued to mock him, but this time he couldn't stand it.

"Will you stop being such a sassy bitch? Counting my childhood mistakes? Fuck it!" he groaned, closing his eyes and hitting the book against his forehead.

"You never had a chance to beat me in a single school test!" Mariah chuckled.

"Like I ever cared!" Brandon replied. Brandon saw the anger now contorting Mariah's face and then he started again, "Remember you got dumped three times in just your high school years! I have dumped more people than you, and so in this case I win!"

"You're a..."

Before they could argue more, Mrs. Jane came downstairs and shouted, "Stop it already! I'm sick of listening to you two fighting like an old married couple!"

"Cut it off, Mum, as ugly as she is I would rather be buried alive than marrying her!" Brandon said rudely then marched outside.

"When will he grow up?" Mrs. Jane pondered aloud.

"Good question! I wish he had grown his brain a bit more than his testicles," Mariah laughed as the both giggled.

***