5. The Aquarium

Brandon couldn't believe that he was fired from the job. He was feeling extremely flustered upon hearing such. Clenching his jaws and trying to control his temper, he spoke slowly, "May I know why, sir?"

        Now his attitude shifted dramatically and he softly continued to smile. Emerald was smirking contentedly since she'd succeeded in getting Brandon fired.

        "You have neglected, disrupted, and outright bullied this young woman, Brandon! Accepting such a foolish and discouraging man like you is a teacher was my biggest mistake of the year!" Mr. Richard howled in anger, his face red and the veins in his neck and forehead pulsing. 

        Brandon knew that Emerald must have told Mr. Richard things that weren't even true.

        "Sir, it was a misunderstanding; I apologize! You know how long I have been in the Student's Affair Society and not a single time you heard a complain from my students. But if still you think I am the one to be blamed I apologize again but please, don't fire me! You know how experienced I am!" Brandon snatched a blank notepad from his superior's desk and pulled a pencil from his pocket. He scratched down a flower to show off his skills as Mr. Richard contemplated the situation. Brandon quickly made an innocent face and looked down staring at Mr. Richard as if he is going to give him a chance.

        "You bullied a student, and that will not be tolerated! You must apologize to her and then, if only she agrees to, I will allow you a second chance. I hate to see talent such as yours go to waste..." Mr. Richard said slowly as he watched over Emerald who was beaming happily. 

        Brandon frowned and thought to himself, 'Fuck this shit! I am not going to apologize to this bossy rich girl! She is such a bitch!'

        Brandon had never asked someone for forgiveness as he considered himself somewhat superior to all others. He had no choice left but to apologize to Emerald who was watching him in contempt, surely believing that he would not apologize and therefore lose his job.

        "Yes sir. I am sorry Miss..." the words coming from his mouth weren't loud enough to be audible for Emerald who was so damn happy that she actually made this jerk apologize to her.

        "Wait what? I didn't hear you!" Emerald said in a loud voice, getting up from the chair and standing in front of Brandon who wanted to just grab her by the neck and wring it like he would a chicken. 

        "Ehm... I said I am sorry!" he yelled in a louder voice that even students who were downstairs could hear him.

        Turning to Mr. Richards, Emerald said, "It's okay, sir! I am a very elegant woman and so I feel pity for him. Sir I think you should give him a chance." Emerald grinned looking at Brandon's contorted expression.

        "Are you sure, Emerald? Is it truly okay by you?" Mr. Richard tried to ask again.

        "Yes sir, I suppose forgiving people and giving them a second chance is just yet another part of my beautiful personality." With saying that she moved towards Brandon.

        "Mr. Brandon, you are, for now, allowed to return to your students. You should be thankful to this young woman for having mercy on you," Mr. Richard groaned. 

        Brandon swallowed his anger. 'Fuck this chicken! She should be the one to forgive me!' he thought.

        "Thank you Miss..." Brandon tried to speak but not knowing her name he stopped.

        "Miss Emerald Morgan," she replied sarcastically.

        "Thank you, sir!" Brandon bowed and, without waiting another moment, he quickly got out of that damned room.