friend of mine // jughead jones

requested: nahh
dedicated to: all of u guyz who continue
to support this book ♡

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I've known you for so long
You are a friend of mine

You and Jughead were always known as the dynamic duo. You two always did everything together. You were like two peas in a pod. You two would stick together like glue.

It was, also, no lie that you were in love with him. Cliché it may sound, but you fell in love with your best friend. You were in love with everything about him. How he'll scrunch up his nose when he dislikes something. How he'll furrow his eyebrows whenever he gets a writer's block. Or how he'll fix his beanie every now and then. You fell for the raven haired boy who seems that doesn't carry and expression — but he does actually. He just bottles his feelings inside.

"Hey [Name]!" He slung an arm around your shoulders. You blushed then looked at him confused. He never showed affection... well until now... "Hello Juggie... what's up?" You asked. He smiled then replied, "I — I was wondering if you could..." You got excited and held your hopes up, thinking that he'll ask you out. "Help me set up a date with Betty?"

Wrong. So wrong.

You plastered a fake smile — hoping that it didn't look too fake — then said, "Sure! Anything for m-my best friend...." He grinned removing his arm around you. You felt quite lonely and felt that something was missing when he removed his arm around you. Why did you even think that he was gonna ask you out? You're not Betty, and you'll never be Betty.

He gave you a huge smile then left without saying a 'goodbye'.

But is this all we'd ever be?
I've loved you ever since

You went back and thought about what happened just a few hours ago. Maybe... maybe you shouldn't have brought your hopes up. It just came crashing down. Maybe... maybe if you just didn't fall for your best friend, maybe it wouldn't hurt this much. Maybe you wouldn't have to be hurt this bad.

Will he realize that you love him? Love him more than Betty loves him? Will he realize that you were there all along, beside him and being ever so supportive? When will he realize that you were the one and not her? When will he stop being so oblivious? When will he realize that you love him? That you love him so fu*king much?

Were you just really that stupid to fall for him? Not knowing how much it will hurt you... Not knowing that it will hurt that much.

"[Name], are you okay? You seem troubled?" Veronica cut off your thoughts as you nodded. "I'm okay... Thanks for asking Ronnie." She knew something was wrong but shrugged it off.

You are a friend of mine
But babe, is this all we ever could be?

After a long day, it finally came to an end. "[Nickname], you know you could tell me anything. Literally anything," Veronica was walking with you home. You looked down not knowing what to say. "I — I don't know Ronnie... you might judge me..." She then held one of your hands. "You can tell me anything [Name]... I'll not judge you. I promise," she reassured you, doing little circles on your hand with her thumb.

"I — I like Jughead... wait scratch that... I love him... I fu*king love him..." you looked down as she clapped her hands together. "That's great! When will you tell him you love him?" A tear fell from your eye as you looked up. "I — I c—can't... he's in love with Betty... And — and he just asked me to help him set up a date for her." you stuttered as more tears fell from your eyes. She gasped as she pulled you in a hug. "It's okay [Name]... you'll find someone eventually," she comforted you as you continued crying.