𝟘𝟙 ⏤𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙚

"What do you mean?!" Jungkook demanded

"What do you mean?!" Jungkook demanded. His father had just concluded his vastly significant speech and was as stupefied by the message that had been delivered through it. In addition to the blow, he couldn't believe that his father would keep such major details from him - his only son.

"I mean what I mean. Wasn't my speech clarifying enough?" they have reached the main living space and settled upon separate seats. In spite of Jungkook's secretion of distress, his father remains unfazed.

"No! Why have you kept this from me?" the perplexed prince enquires after finally regulating his asymmetrical breathing.

"I have my reasons..."

"And you choose to keep those to yourself as well?!" Jungkook wasn't aware of his blaring voice, and although it was as booming as an echoing thunderclap, the mild, coarse hack of his father was enough to silence him with an overwhelming wave of worry.

"I apologise but I thought it best to keep you from fretting over something so trifle." his son gazed at his slumped form. Jungkook had shot up when delivering his argumentative statements but his dad remained seated, almost seeming to slouch further with the ever-present weight of his illness. It was confusing to the prince how he was not able to determine the sufferings of his only father. The symptoms should've hit him right away. Maybe it had, but he was too engrossed in his own self that he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge anything.

"Appa...this isn't a 'trifle' matter. You know how I feel whenever you keep something from me." by the end of his distressed utterance, Jungkook was seated at his father's side.

"I know son and I'm sorry."

'Sorry' wasn't going to cut it, "I deserve to know Father." Jungkook declared, brows furrowing into a creased mess at the centre of his forehead.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that...you know for a fact that sorry isn't as helpful as actually going back to correct your wrongs." there was true wisdom in the words that the young prince spoke, arousing a sense of pride within his father's failing-to-function chest.

"After this little lecture you're putting me through, I believe that this kingdom may be handed over to good hands." a striking blow to the gut. All that Jungkook could manage was an unbelieving, wide-eyed stare at the old king. It wasn't to take in his wrinkled features but was an attempt to telepathically question what he had just said. This is all a joke..isn't it?

"Appa..."

"Don't doubt yourself, son, you're more fitting for this role than you think. Obstacles must be conquered, yes? However, that cannot stop you. I know for a fact that you will do what's best for this kingdom. The weight of peer pressure cannot touch you. It'll only worsen your self-doubt. Promise me that you'll remain confident and wise..."