𝟙𝟚 ⏤𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨

CHPT

CHPT. SUM. : Jin makes you realise that you need to confess your feelings before it's too late but is time really on your side? 

LENGTH : 10.6k

G. : prince!au ; prince!jungkook ; commoner!reader ; florist!reader ; fairytale!au ; beautyandthebeast!au ; child!taehyung ; fluff ; angst ; magicandcurses ; slow burn ; steamy kissing

A/N : this is probably gonna be a rollarcoaster for you guys, it certainly was for me when writing it. there are gonna be ups and downs, highs and lows. also, I don't know how ratings work but please bear with me. this chapter is the angstiest I've written for this series so far, I don't know if there'll be angstier chapters in the future but for now, this is what you're getting. I hope some happy moments make up for the sad ones. 

please enjoy the read and continue to love and support this series! i really enjoy writing for you dollies because you're all so sweet! please feel free to tell me your thoughts and send love and constructive criticism my way! i love you all so so much! 

━━━━━━ ✧·゚: *✧·゚:*:·゚✧*:·゚✧ ━━━━━━

Unexpectedly, news of the war didn't daunt the people of Seoul. Even your village, small and suburban, had little worries over the matter. In one ear, they were fully aware of their king's illness, and in the other, they were the victims of propaganda.

Word of the victory at Seocho-Gu seemed to have blinded them to the sovereign's frail state, a condition that leaves him incapable of leading the kingdom. In his place, the perpetuation of Seoul is handed to the first and second commanders, which seemed to only fuel the kingdom's haughtiness of the circumstances, as the commanders' reputation in war and battles were supremely commendable. 

Essentially, the entire kingdom has been put on the backs of Sir Kim Namjoon and Sir Min Yoongi. The two are only commanders, brilliant, yes but not educated in being the leaders of an entire realm. 

If his highness was in a better state of health, he would have bravely taken to the field and fought alongside the people of his country as all great leaders would. He would also have been able to assure his subjects and keep the nation functioning as normally as possible just by being there before his people. Standing tall, proud, and mighty. Like a symbol of predestined victory. 

The King would be a symbol of the country's strength and power so that the citizens had no fear of becoming collateral damage in the conflict. 

But that was not the case and yet people were still arrogant, acting as if the Seoul Kingdom's only path lead to triumph. In a certain light, this is a good thing as people's morales can keep the kingdom alive but conceitedness turns a bright man blind.