Baiting a Mermaid

BAITING A MERMAID

Chapter Four

      WHEN SHE WAS LITTLE, ONE OF THE ONLY MEMORIES SHE HAD OF HER FATHER, had taught her that it was not nice to hit or say unkind words

WHEN SHE WAS LITTLE, ONE OF THE ONLY MEMORIES SHE HAD OF HER FATHER, had taught her that it was not nice to hit or say unkind words. Even back then, she was apparently quick to use her fists to get what she wanted. That went especially true when some other kid tried to steal her crayon and she cried as she backhanded him to get it back. Still, her father's warning stuck with her: be kind. Shion wasn't a mean child. She spoke her mind and was quick witted, but she always tried to not be cruel. So she didn't care much for Uzumaki Naruto, but that wasn't because of the hateful stares or prejudices of the adults, whispering about demons in their village.

She wasn't one to follow the pack, especially since those adults were annoying, if not more annoying than Hikaru and Misaki.

She didn't like Naruto for one simple reason. He was too loud, obnoxious, mischievous...

Shion pouted, "that's more than one reason."

Naturally, she wasn't the too happy with Naruto when he showed up outside of the girl's dorms with with a can of paint and a hesitant grin. Shion still had her toothbrush in her mouth by the time she took notice to the consistent knocking on the walls. This became Shion's problem to deal with since she woke up early for training and her four roommates only continued to roll over in their bunk beds, pillows covering their heads.

"The heck...?" Shion asked and he rocked back and forth on his heels in a very annoying way that made her feel guilty for some reason. "You're dropping paint on the floor, Naruto." She glanced down as the paint can continued dripping red from the sides. Shion decided she didn't care about the ugly floors as the paint would add some color to the chipped wood floor. With that in mind, she continued to brush her teeth.

"I was thinking, we could paint the Hokage monument," he said and Shion blinked, tucking loose strands of pink hair as she turned around and walked back into the dorm, leaving the door open as she walked into the bathroom and rinsed out her mouth. By the time she walked back to the door she found Naruto was still standing there, looking less certain as the minutes ticked on by and that made her curious if this kid really had no friends. Shion frowned, leaning against the door frame.

"All the Hokage monuments?" Shion asked and immediately his face brightened.

"I like targeting the Third the most!" The excitement in his voice was making it difficult to say no, also, vandalizing Hiruzen Sarutobi's monument sounded hilarious.

"Why are you asking me?" she finally questioned, toying with the bottom of her shirt, wondering if her sensei would mind if she ended up being late to training.

"I don't have anyone else..." Naruto mumbled so low that it was a wonder that she heard him at all.

Tsukasa was going to kill her, "alright, but let's be quick. My sensei is a bitch."