Adventure

ADVENTURE

Chapter Eleven

      SHION HADN'T EXPECTED HIM TO ARRIVE ON TIME WHEN SHE AWOKE EARLY FOR training that very morning. With that being said, she remained unsurprised when Naruto was not there to greet her at the training grounds. Likely, he forgot, so she quickly grinned and turned on her steps towards the orphanage that she hoped to never see again. It was all so morbid when she arrived, finding the building looking more like a prison than a home. She felt a moment of guilt that Naruto still remained there, before deciding there was ultimately nothing she could do about it at the moment.

      She walked closer to the boys dormitory and felt her leg for soreness, finding it weird how with five minutes of Tsukasa's Jutsu, all of the pain practically went away. Yes, it was still in the process of healing, but it was as if Tsukasa had actually numbed the pain receptors in her entire leg, yet Shion could still move it as normal. It was weird because Tsukasa's knowledge of medicine was advanced, and her skills were above the medical staff that initially treated her. Shion forgot all about it when she jumped up towards the orphanage, digging her Chakra into her feet in order to stick before she rushed up and jumped through one of the windows of the boys section. 

       Shion made certain to stick to one leg since Tsukasa had told her that just because the pain was gone, didn't mean that she was better. So, she balanced on one leg to say attached to the building. Luckily, some kid left the window open, likely to add some air to the very hot rooms filled with growing boys.

      When Shion glanced into the room towards sleeping kids, she searched the rows for Naruto's bright blonde hair but only saw brunettes. This forced her to step further into the room and jump onto the ceiling, her leg nearly giving out, but she forced more Chakra to her legs and stick to the spiky ceiling. She glanced down, seeing lines of kids, but no Naruto. Finally, she glanced towards the side of the room where a bed was basically pushed so far out of the way that no one could notice it. It was next to a drafty window and a bunch of spider webs. There rested Naruto, visibly far from the other kids.

      Shion jumped towards it, landing on all fours before seeing that they had given him the itchy blankets with holes, much too thin for the winter, but too damaged for the summer. Shion glanced at the other kids, seeing they all had much newer and better looking sheets. She shook her head, grabbing an empty ramen container with a frown at Naruto's messiness. She chucked it at his head, and it bounced off and hit the ground. Naruto's eyes cracked open with a groan, causing her to smile as she leaned over the bed and watched his gaze move tiredly and in a daze before finally resting on her. He jumped, falling off the bed with a thump and hitting his head.

      Her head tilted with a soft smile, kneeling down and placing her finger against her lips to shush him. "I'm here to wake you up."

      "I wasn't sleeping, dattebayo," he quickly shouted, and she shushed him one more time, glancing over towards the sleeping boys who looked like even an earthquake would not get them to leave their beds at 7:30 in the morning.