Chapter Seventeen: You Don't Look Fine

It took some convincing, but Picard and Data were finally able to rejoin the others only moments after Hiro and Baymax did. The cops had not been too happy about their impromptu sketch in front of the café. But no harm had been done. And once they'd realized the two men had no idea what was going on inside, and the captain had vouched for them, nor were they in any way associated with the hostage situation, they'd let them go with a stiff warning.

"Your planetary security seems to be chasing their own tales," Picard remarked as the Big Heroes huddled together, waiting for Wasabi to bring the car around. He'd had a bit of a harder time getting out of the crowd than the others due to the traffic. The backup was unreal, encompassing several blocks.

Honey Lemon glanced towards the others in her group, biting her lip. It wasn't that the police were incompetent, but the situation was decidedly far from normal. "They mean well," she said with a sigh. "It's not their fault the person holding the café hostage disappeared." And, if she was being honest, she still couldn't help but wonder what had gone on in there. It defied all logic.

"I'm willing to bet it had something to do with that strange bubble we saw," GoGo spoke up as she played with her skates. "Maybe it's like Fred said and Q's powers got taken away, only to randomly float around the city. It is possible."

Wasabi had parked his van by this point and glanced at Picard and his crew. He'd managed to get his van away from the crowd with only a little difficulty. Q and Deanna exited the car moments after he did, just in time to hear GoGo's remarks. "Is that really possible? I mean, it sounds too much like something from one of Fred's comic books," he reasoned.

Fred put his hands on his hips, his kaiju hood thrown back. Thankfully, they were in a side alley where no one could see them. "Comic books are based on reality," he huffed. "If you read them, you'd know that."

Hiro listened to the banter, his head still feeling heavy. He had yet to find something to eat and that left him feeling rather weak. He settled on sitting just inside the car in the back, legs dangling out on the street. Sometimes Wasabi kept snacks in there. He just hoped he could find one.

"As fascinating as this discussion is, I believe it would be advisable to return to the manor before discussing matters further," Data noted. He pulled out his tricorder, which he'd hidden in one of his pockets, and scanned the area. "While we are indeed alone at this moment, I do not believe it will remain that way for long."

Baymax looked around, also scanning the area. "What Data said is correct. I detect several individuals heading in this direction." There were also several cars as well. Chances were good the police were still searching for the man who'd held the cafe hostage, not realizing he was gone and probably wasn't coming back.

Wasabi moved past Hiro's legs, which were sticking out from the open doorway of the van, and back around to the driver's seat. He was followed by Fred, who took shotgun. But before Wasabi could comment that Hiro should actually get into the vehicle, the boy stepped back onto the pavement, munching on something he'd found inside.

"Baymax and I'll meet you back at Fred's place," Hiro announced. The granola bar he'd found had helped a little, but it decidedly wasn't enough. That and there was no way Baymax would fit through the car's door in full armor. Nor would there be enough room even if he did. Flying back would be far more feasible, he decided. Just like how they'd gotten there in the first place. Maybe it was time to call Heathcliff, especially if he could get his way. He didn't want the others to know about his current condition, which meant Honey Lemon and GoGo had to find another way home.