Chapter Thirty Three: What's the Point?

Worf couldn't help but growl in frustration. He'd searched the majority of the manor, excluding the areas he knew the others would be using. Chances were good that if Q really had gone AWOL, he wouldn't go where they others were. Having run out of places to look inside, he took up his tricorder and headed outside. He'd seen many individuals use something similar looking, if not less clunky. When he'd asked about the devices in question, one of their new team members had called them cell phones. Everyone seemed to have one so he doubted he'd stand out with his device.

Chances were good he wouldn't be able to find Q through trying to determine DNA. His tricorder wasn't made for that kind of thing. But he could keep an eye out for any residual energy running rampant. It was always possible Q would be drawn to those occurrences as well. And, if nothing else, he could use the data for something else later on. He'd opted to leave his phaser back in his room, safely hidden away, just to be safe. It was a shame their communicator badges didn't work, and that Q didn't have one.

Walking towards the same park Deanna and the other girls had visited, Worf almost bumped into someone walking in the opposite direction. He gave a low growl, sending the jogger running away in a much quicker manner. With a shake of his head, the Klingon continued down his chosen path. He would search the whole city if he had to, brick by brick.

.....................................

GoGo sat behind the wheel of one of the sweetest cars she'd ever had the opportunity to drive. Should she really be driving? Probably not, but she didn't care. How else was she going to get the opportunity to drive a Maserati?

"Now, remember," Fred said as he buckled himself into the passenger seat, "no crazy driving. I had to make some serious promises to the rest of the gang, especially Baymax. We just go to the bank, get the money, and come back. My parents will kill me if you so much as scratch this car. Kapiche?"

The adrenaline junky rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah," she said as she turned the key in the ignition. "I got it. Can you just let me drive? Jeez."

With an almost comical smile, Fred settled back in his seat. "Just thought you needed a reminder. I mean, I'm too old for grounding or anything like that but I can still be cut off."

GoGo shifted the car into gear, momentarily closing her eyes as the engine purred. "Don't worry," she assured, "we'll be back in one piece. I just gotta take this chance while I have it." Realizing what she had in mind, Fred had only a few seconds to brace himself before GoGo hit the gas pedal, pealing out onto the main road.

........................................

Heathcliff found the remaining group in the library, where Data had gone to print off another map. This one showed only the area in question. "Pardon me," the butler said as he set down a small box he'd procured from the spy shop down the street. "The young master requested I acquire this for your afternoon activities."

Honey Lemon glanced up from the map, blinking a bit in surprise. She doubted she'd ever understand how the man could do so much in so little time. "Thanks," she said, smiling at him. "Now all we need to do is figure out what we're doing and place the tracking device."

Picard glanced at the map, trying to figure out the best defensive positions. Chances were good the kidnappers didn't know about the rest of the team and wouldn't be looking for them. If that were indeed the case, they could have several of their people placed beforehand to keep an eye on things. And then, as previously discussed, one or more could follow the kidnapper back to their base. The tracking equipment was more of a backup, as far as he was concerned.

"Data, while I appreciate that you had to take some time printing off this map, I can't help but wonder if you've yet checked in on Mr. Worf or Q," Jean-Luc said without looking up. It really hadn't been all that long since they'd left the breakfast room, but he still hadn't heard word about his chief security officer and his charge. Surely the android hadn't forgotten.