Chapter Twenty One: Good and Bad News

Honey Lemon burst into the library looking almost frantic. "Is everyone okay in here?" she called out as her shoulders heaved, heart pounding.

At her outburst, both Data and Fred looked up from the computer. "Whoa," Fred called out. "What's going on? Did something happen?"

Seeing all was well, Honey let out a sigh of relief. "Deanna thought she sensed something wrong," she confessed. "Do you know where everyone else is? I can't seem to find Hiro or the others."

"Just chill for a minute," Fred instructed as he swiveled his chair around. "I'm sure the little dude's around here somewhere. As for Picard, he's over there," he pointed to the far corner, "reading. I think Wasabi and Worf went out."

Having tried to ignore the noise, Picard closed his book and moved to see what was happening. "What's going on?" he asked, seeing Honey and Deanna both in the room, both looking upset.

GoGo put one hand on her hip as she stood behind the other two girls. "We can't find Wasabi, Hiro, Baymax, Worf, or that Q guy," she replied. "Did something happen to them?"

Picard glanced around the room, realizing those gathered hadn't been in the room when Worf had announced Q was missing. "Worf and your friends went in search of Q," he stated. "It would seem he decided to go off on his own when no one was looking." His expression clearly showed his feelings on the matter.

Data looked like he was about to say something but was interrupted by GoGo. "How long ago was that?"

Looking for a clock, the captain tried to estimate in his mind. "I'd say it's been no more than two or three hours since they left. Why do you ask?"

Deanna took that opportunity to speak up. "Only a few minutes ago, I sensed something was wrong. I don't know where or who. I just know someone was in intense pain and that there was a lot of fear involved."

"I'm going to try calling Wasabi," Honey announced as she whipped out her cell phone. Chances were good if the others were out looking for Q, Hiro's hands would be busy and he'd be less likely to answer. Wasabi, on the other hand, was the most likely to answer. She doubted Worf had a phone. And even if he did, she didn't know the number.

The phone rang audibly as she put it on speaker. Finally, after four rings, someone picked up. "Kinda busy here," Wasabi's voice came over the line. He sounded somehow either distracted or distressed. Either was possible.

"Wasabi, what's going on?" Honey Lemon called out as she held the phone in trembling fingers. His tone was decidedly off, like he was fighting something. "Are you okay?"

Several voices spoke up in the background, though they were too overlapped to really understand what was being said until Wasabi's voice came back over the line. "Focusing on driving right now. Gotta go. Talk to you later." Then the line cut off.

GoGo raised one eyebrow as she switched the leg she focused her weight on, making her hips thrust to the other side. "What was that all about?"

Picard looked more than a little confused. "Can someone tell me what is going on?"

Data stood from the computer. "I believe I may be of some assistance," he announced. "Judging from the timbre and quality behind Wasabi's voice, I believe it would be safe to assume he is under some kind of duress. Considering the fact that I could discern Worf and Q arguing in the background, I cannot say I am surprised. However, there was another voice speaking that I could not identify."

"Well, at least we know they found that Q guy," Fred spoke up.

GoGo rolled her eyes. "Okay, so we know those guys are there. But who belongs to that other voice? And where's Baymax and Hiro? Something doesn't feel right."