Chapter 28- Freedom

Chapter 28- Freedom
-----------------

No more fingers pointing, judgmental laughter, insults, or fights... I could basically already feel my freedom as Rangel ran.

I would now have a chance to enjoy my life and share it with Rangel and our baby Tate-

"What're you thinking about?" Rang wonders, taking a breather by a big shady oak tree.

We've been running for hours and hours... It seemed as if we'd never break free from this forest.

Before I could answer him, Tate started screaming with cries that left his body shaking with his every sob.

"For hell's sake, Estelle," Rangel fumes towards me,"shut that baby up."

"Babies cry, Rangel," I sternly reply.

"I wish it would have died inside of you," he says to me,"such a disaster it is with its pale complexion and creepy eyes."

"I have a pale complexion and creepy eyes, does that make me a disaster too?" I growl in question.

He walked over to me and caresses my cheeks as his eyes looked down on me.

"There's a difference, Estelle," he tells me,"I love you and that thing I don't."

I outstretched my arms to offer him the baby and he scrunches up his nose and turns away.

After almost dying from delivering him, I know that's why Rangel has all a sudden grown an instant pessimistic attitude towards him.

"You should probably feed him," Rang tells me,"I'll be down at the river nearby."

"What happened to us never separating?" I question.

"Ever since that thing came out of you is when," he replies, walking down the small hill leading to where I guess the river was.

I sigh and sit on a rock and hold back my oncoming tears. I needed to appear strong against Rangel through this all.

I look down at Tate and he was grabbing at my shirt for my breast milk.

Lifting my shirt, I allow him to feed himself as I hold the back of his head where his black hair was growing quickly.

Every part of him appeared to look like Leon and it hurt me to even hold him. I let this 'disaster' be planted inside of me and now Rangel and I are getting ripped apart just as Leon wanted...

I wrap my hands around his small chubby neck and he starts crying.

"I hate you for destroying my life," I grit out to the baby,"if you weren't alive, Rang and I wouldn't be running now."

Squeezing Tate's neck, he screams and his small fat hands try to grip at my fingers.

Releasing my hands, I set him on the rock after standing and I find myself running down the hill and smacking right into Rangel.

He was all wet from the river that we were both standing in now.

I try to shove past him, but he grips my arm and pulls me back in front of him.

"Estelle, what the hell?" He sternly exclaims.

"I can't keep him," I breath,"I can't do it. He looks just like him."