Chapter 8

Pregnant.

I'm pregnant. I can't believe I'm pregnant. I was currently sitting in the corner of the bathroom trying to fight the tears and fear that threatened to escape and consume me.

"Elizabeth? Are you okay in there?" Taylor called through the door. When I didn't answer, she slowly pushed the door open and came in. "Elizabeth?"

I still couldn't bring myself to answer with having an emotional break down. She glanced around the bathroom until she saw the test on the sink. She gasped when she read it.

"Oh Liz..."

She wrapped her arms around it and that did it. I sobbed while Taylor hugged me, offering comfort. Leslie came in and rushed to my side as well.

"I'm pregnant." I choked out between sobs.

"Shhh.. It's okay. Taylor and I are here. We'll help you. And I'm sure Markus will help you too. You just need to tell him." Leslie tried soothing me.

"No! I can't tell him."

"Why not?" Leslie asked the same time Taylor said, "You have to."

"We've only known each other for a little over a month and a half and we are both too young and we most definitely aren't ready for a child and... it's just that..."

"Yes?" The two asked.

"It's just that... things with Markus haven't been that great and I was actually going to break up with him and..."

I took a deep breath.

"Paul."

"Mark's brother?" Leslie asked.

I nodded.

"What about him?" Taylor looked intrigued.

I told them about what happened at Markus's house and how weird things with Paul have been.

"I don't see him often but he'd pop into my thoughts at the most random times. He makes me feel things. Things that I don't feel with Markus. I felt so wrong and guilty for being with Markus when Paul was there looking at me. It made me question my being with him."

Taylor looked thoughtful before speaking.

"Well, the way I see it is that you have three options. You can abort it, adopt it, or keep it. Knowing you, you won't do the first two options so you have only one choice, keep it. The question now is when and how you're going to tell Markus?"

As I was thinking about how to answer her, the doorbell rang. Leslie checked it and then came back with a grim look on her face. "It's Markus."

Oh no! I wasn't sure if I could bear seeing him at that moment, or at all. Especially not after my confession about Paul. What scared me even more was when the doorbell rang again, Taylor began get her purse and shoes. So did Leslie.

"W-what are you doing."

"We are leaving so you can speak to Markus. There's no better time than the present." Taylor amended. Leslie nodded and followed Taylor out,

I heard them open the door and tell Markus that I was in my bedroom. I listened to his steps coming closer but didn't bother looking up when he opened my door.

"Lizzie?" He rushed to my side. He picked me up and carried me to my bed so he could sit me on his lap. "Lizzie, baby, what's wrong?"

I began to sob again, unsure of what to say; unsure of how to say what needed to be said. He just held me and murmured sweet words of comfort that were ironically discomforting. Once more the doorbell rang and he set me down so he could get it.

"When I get back, please tell what's wrong."

I nodded and watched him leave. He opened the door and I heard a slightly familiar voice say there was a delivery for me. My blood ran cold. Dread began to take over.

"Lizzie?" Mark's voice was calm but sounded strained. He was trying to control his anger, I could tell. "There's a package here and I'm guessing it's for you since it came here. Can you tell me why the note attached to the package is addressed to 'My Lovely Angel'?"

The look in his eyes when he entered the room had me shivering.

"Can you tell me why this card says 'Sweet angel, I can't wait to touch and pleasure you once more'!?"

I was on the verge of a panic attack. Why was all of this happening? Why right now?

"Answer me Elizabeth! Damn it, is there someone else?!"

I cringed.

"You know what, forget it. I'm done with the games Elizabeth." He tossed the box onto the floor and stormed out.

When the front door slammed shut behind him, I finally released the sob that was building in my chest. I sank to the floor and cried my heart out because at that moment, it looked like I'd have to do this alone. I couldn't though. How could I?

-Markus's POV-

I drove home in a blind rage. How could she do this to me? How is it that I had hoped, no expected, for us to get serious? How could I have liked her so much that I couldn't see what was happening in front of me? That's because you can't see what's not there and I already knew that wasn't who she was. There must've been some explanation. I should have let her explain. She looked like she could hardly breathe when I said there was a package for her.She seemed absolutely terrified and on top of that, she was already crying when I got there. I sighed in frustration and my hands tightened on the steering wheel, restraining myself from turning around. When I got to home, Paul was there and not painting for once. He set down his fork when he saw my face.

"Well, don't you look like you've been run over numerous times. What happened?"

"It's over."

"What's over?"

"Us. Elizabeth and I. We're done. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get drunk." And I left again.

-Paul's POV-

I sat at the kitchen table for several moments trying to process what I'd been told. I wanted to go to her. I needed to see her. Now. I shouldnt've wanted to. I should have remembered to keep my distance since. Like every other girl my brother has pushed away, her presence wasn't permanent. But I wanted nothing more than to go to her and hold her. To be able to take care of her like she deserved. I groaned and went to bed, knowing I couldn't do any of those things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writers block is a beautiful thing isn't it? Ha! Not really. The song We Are Young by Fun has been stuck in my head for days. If you haven't heard it, you should listen to it. One of my favorite female singers Janelle Monae is in it as well. Anyway, I would absolutely LOOOOVE for you to tell me what you think. I don't like doing this but I understand why other people do sooooo, the next chapter is already done and all I ask is...

1 comment.

Just one.

On any chapter

But it has to be a good one. Like I really what to know what people think and if I should change or add something. Sooo that's all for now. Bye!!

Comment (at least one)

Vote

Fan

-TheOriginal1