Chapter 10

*Important Author's Note*

Sooo I did a lot of editing on my past chapters. I did the most editing on chapter 6 & 7. I changed how chapter 6 ended and added some things to chapter 7. I would suggest that you go back and read them. There are also some steamy bits in the chapter.

Sooo

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV

I hadn't spoken to Markus in a while but, I was almost ashamed to admit, that was alright. Paul has been so sweet and attentive to me. He and I have been getting closer and more comfortable with each other. He called or visited everyday to check on me. He would tell me about the contest and what he was working on and I would tell him about my day. I would say we were friends but there were times when the term 'friends' wasn't enough, like there should be more. There were times when Paul would help me up and his touches would linger. Times where he would look at me as if there was something he wanted to say but couldn't. Times where he would kiss me, a light brush of our lips, then abruptly leave, confusing me; but we'd never speak of these kisses and intimate touches. So yes, at times 'friends' definitely wasn't the right word but I was still alright with that. I actually looked forward to those times where I felt safe, protected... loved.

He was supposed to be coming to visit me. It was Saturday and he said he'd be by around noon. I was feeling so anxious for noon to arrive. I told Leslie, Renee and Taylor all that had been going on and they all had an opinion on what I should do. Leslie said I should go back to Markus, Renee said I should be with Paul, and surprisingly, Taylor didn't say anything but 'I want to see this all unfold'. What did that even mean?

Suddenly, the door bell rang, withdrawing me from my thoughts. I rushed to open it, thinking it was Paul, only to be let down.

"Oh hey P-"

"Someones under enthusiastic to see their only sister." Leslie said.

"Try over excited for her date with Paul." Renee chimed with a smug grin.

"It's not a date. Why are you guys even here?" I couldn't help but let the irritation sink into my voice.

Leslie opened her mouth but Taylor cut in.

"Actually, it was my idea to come."

"Why?"

"I told you, I want to see this all play out" She replied shortly.

Soon after they had let themselves in, the doorbell rang again. This time I didn't rush to open the door in hope that I didn't look over eager to see him.

"Hey Sweetheart." He leaned in and pecked my cheek lightly. I gasped and tried to hide the blush that was now covering my cheeks. I couldn't even think of what to say before Leslie called, "Paul? Is that you dear?"

I flinched and shot him an apologetic smile. "Sorry. They appeared unexpectedly. Do you mind? I mean, I could probably get them to leave but-"

His lips brushed past my own effectively shutting me up.

"No, I don't mind at all." His voice had gotten husky; his eyes had gone dark. The shiver that ran through me had nothing to do with the weather.

Once we had gone inside and settled in, we turned on a movie. I was on the couch next to Paul, Leslie and Renee were sprawled on the floor, and Taylor was resting on the arm chair with her feet dangling over. I could feel Paul's hands dancing across my thighs sending little shocks throughout my body. That made breathing a difficulty, let alone paying attention. If I was asked to say anything about the movie, I wouldn't be able to. Halfway through the movie, my body was throbbing with want. I wasn't sure if I could handle anymore of his slow torture. I quickly escaped to my bedroom to keep from coiling myself around him and begging him to do as he pleased with me. My efforts were unsuccessful though. As soon as I had sat on my bed, there was a knock on my door.