Chapter 10

A/N
Sorry it took so long to update, today was my last day of school so I should be updating more regularly now. Key word, should be. Enjoy the chapter!!

Adrien's POV

"Ok, Marinette is it for Marco Polo!" Alya says coming back from the group of our other friends.

'Wonder what they were talking about. Ehh, probably not important.'

"Ugg fine, but I'm gonna make sure you don't tag you. I actually want to make it to see the actual park." Marinette replied to Alya.

"Whatever. Just start counting." Alya replied sassily.

Marinette started mumbling something under her breath and covered her eyes with her hands and started counting to 10, we start running around the pool.

Nino grabbed Alya's hand and started for the corner of the pool. I was about to go follow them, but Alya turned her head around, giving me the death stare. I'm assuming that she doesn't want me to follow. I turned to see that Rose and Julika were in another corner of the pool. I was heading towards Rose and Julika, but then...

"20! Marco!" Marinette screamed. I turned my head and realized she was about 5 feet away from me.

If I say Polo, she would be able to tag me if she takes one step toward and swing her arm in front of her.

"Polo." I say as quietly as I could muster.

"Common guys, you have to say Polo or else ur cheating." Marinette said, putting her hands on her hips.

'She reminds me of someone else' but who? She seems so familiar but I just can't put my finger on it.' Oh well!'

"Ugg fine. Polo." Alya shouts from the other end from the pool.

Marinette dove underwater and started for Alya and Nino. But since she was still closing her eyes, she went up to the surface every few seconds and frantically waved her arms around her in hopes to tag someone.

Alya and Nino quietly went under the water and made their way towards Rose and Julika.

"Marco," Marinette said finally at Alya and Nino's old spot.

I was now a good distance away from Marinette, so it was safe to talk normally.

"Polo." I say.

She turned her head towards me and started swimming. While underwater, everyone else said Polo very quikly before Marinette came from the water.

I guess she was getting the hang of telling how far someone was because she didn't come to the surface for a while and she was going much faster than before.

I was about to swim away, but she was already 3 feet away from me. One more kick of her legs, and she would tag me.

I turned around to face her, closing my eyes, ready for impact.

Marinette's POV

I was swimming, throwing my arms all willy-nilly in hopes to hit someone. I wasnt sure who replied when I said Marco because of all the water in my ears, but I was determined to tag them. I didn't what to be it any longer. I could feel something going on behind my back, and I was sure that Alya was behind it, so it must not be good news.

"Marco," I say when I reached the surface of the water.

I tried to listen through the water in my ears.