Pure Sadness

Okay, I don't mean to make you sad, but I was thinking and realized that none of us will ever live in the 60's or 80's (Assuming that the broad audience and fandom of The Outsiders are teens). We will also never be able to meet these guys that we love so much. We will never be able to talk with Pony or joke with Two-Bit or act tuff with Dally. And I think that's why we all write/read fanfic. Becuase we may not like it, but we know we can never be apart of the world that we spend endless amounts of time loving. So we read fanfic and start fan accounts, and continuously watch the movie and read the book so we can get a tiny glimpse into their world. The world that we would kill to live in. We will never be able to live in their universe, so even if it's just for a brief moment in time, even if it's just a feeling or a sensation, we can taste their world. We can imagine that we are there, hanging with the characters that we love. We read pages and pages of fanfic to get that craved feeling like we are there. I know that's why I write ff, so I can feel like I'm there. So I can pretend I'm my character who doesn't know how lucky they are to be there. 

We will never truly be in that world, never really talk to them and never really be with them like we all want to do. So We go in search for the closest thing to being there. And in the process fall more in love with them and their world. It's a vicious cycle that makes us hurt every day, longing to be there. 

But that's the life a fangirl...