1

Rose

Rose

I take a deep breath as I walk into school on a sunny, Friday morning. Despite the fact that I do this almost everyday, I can't help but have an uneasy feeling in my stomach today. I brush it off assuming it's only because of it being prom day.

I walk down the halls until I reach my locker. I stand a few feet away with confusion plastered on my face when I see that an unfamiliar guy is leaned up against my locker. Reassuring myself that he's probably just a new student who is confused, I approach him.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" I try to come off as polite as possible but the annoyance is still very evident in my voice.

"My bad, sweetheart." His tongue fumbles with a toothpick that is sticking out of the corner of his mouth. "I must be lost." His voice is deep and laced with an accent. I recognize the accent to be the same as my boyfriend's. Maybe he's a transfer student like Liam was a few years back.

"The office is just straight down the hall and to the right." My lips form a smile as I point to the hallway behind the stranger. A smirk forms on his face and I take note of his outstanding facial features. As a girl in a relationship, just looking at him makes me feel guilty.

He stands tall, towering me with a very confident stance that only real troublemakers have. His long brown hair is swept to the side and tucked behind his ears, showing off the beauty marks that are scattered across his porcelain skin. I realize that I'm staring after he lets out a deep breath and shakes his head, obviously noticing that I've been practicing drooling over him.

"Why are you in such a rush to get rid of me?" The smirk on his face turns into a flat expression when he sees me rolling my eyes. He takes a step away from my locker, allowing me to move over and open it. "Talk to me, babe." He speaks again, more so demanding than before.

"What?"

"You don't want to chat for a bit before class?"

"I don't know you." I try to come off confident in my words but I fail.

"Don't you want to?" He moves closer to me, forcing myself to be wedged between him and my locker.

Any normal person would tell him to get the hell away from them. But me, being painfully afraid of situations just like this, I freeze.

This can't be happening.

"Can you please get off of me?" I whisper.

"Oh, come on. We could have to much fun together. Just think about it." His words creep through my ears as he lets out a breath of hot air onto my neck.

"Please?" A barely audible noise escapes my panicking body as a feel his hair softly tickling my bare shoulder. Great day to wear an off the shoulder top, Rose. I sarcastically say inside of my head.