3

Rose

Rose

I've never felt more uncomfortable in my life than sitting at a large dinner table with the surprising polite man that had kidnapped me only a day before.

I have been too afraid to speak this entire time but that doesn't stop him from trying to get words out of me. Asking me questions like what is my favorite color and if I think the food tastes good. I have been nodding or only answering with one word at a time. I quietly chew my food and take sips from a glass of water every few minutes.

"I will tell you this while I am feeling well." He coughs as his confusing sentence comes to a halt. "I will not try to hurt you, but I will. I will not set out to make your life hell, but at times, it will seem like death is a pleasurable experience. And I will not ask many things from you but what I do ask of you, you will comply." He continues eating his food like he hasn't just terrified me. I stare down at my feet and feel my stomach turn and the food head back ip my throat.

"I need to use the bathroom."

"What? Why? You're eating dinner right now. Use it after."

"I'm going to," I cover my mouth and his eyes widen.

"Down the hall and to the left." I back out of the chair quickly and run straight in the direction that he has informed me of. As soon I walk into the bathroom, I kneeled down in front of the toilet and begin to vomit my guts out. After a few, long minutes go by, I finally feel like my insides are dying anymore and I lean up against the wall. I can hardly keep my eyes open and I feel like everything is hitting me all at once. Being kidnapped, Liam being killed, this psychopath telling me what to do. I feel my eyes flutter back a bit out of pure exhaustion and I begin to cry. I rest my head back and breath heavy, letting the tears come out. I cry even harder when the man walks into the bathroom and walks towards me, kneeling down when he is in front of me.

"No, no, no. Get away from me!" I scream at him and try to kick him away from me but he doesn't stop getting closer to me.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." I sob heavily into the mans should as he wraps his arms around me. I'm in shock but I stop kicking at him, not having enough energy to carry on.

"Please let me go." I know my words are useless but they escape my lips none the less. He just continues to hold me, now running his hand through my hair.

"You and I both know that it's too late for that."

xxx

After the incident in the bathroom earlier, the man allowed me to take a shower with the exception of him waiting outside of the door the entire time. Afterwards, he helped me into a room to lay down after I putting a towel around my shaking body. This time, I sat down on a huge, king sized bed in the center of a gigantic bedroom. It was nice to be in a well lit room instead of the dark and cold one that I had previously slept in. I know that the circumstances could be far worse but I am still very frightened by my surroundings and the man that I am with. Especially considering he has now told be me that he would hurt me. I believed every word that he said to me. Not only because I am afraid of him. But because I saw the way his eyes changed when he spoke the words. As if I wasn't the only person who feared him. As if he feared himself too.