11

Rose

It's been hours since Harry left and I can't help the feeling in my gut telling me to finally get off of the floor and start looking around the house for an escape. I know it sounds dumb but it seems worth a shot at this point. I walk down the long staircase, practically tiptoeing out of fear. I have been in a constant state of fear ever since I've been brought to this place. Sneaking through his house alone just puts a completely different feeling to it. 

Once I reach the living room, I immediately freeze. As I walk closer to what has frozen me, my breathing becomes shallow. The door is open. Not completely but it looks as if someone has forgotten to close it. I weigh my options while staring at my escape. What if it's a trap? I think to myself as I look at my feet, taking note of how bare they are. What if he catches me? I look down at my clothing, still only being a silk nightgown that Harry insists on me wearing.

Every doubt in my head is lifted when an image of home comes into mind. I could go home. I could run to a main rode and beg for help and somebody would help me. Somebody will help me. With one last look behind me at the house of the man holding me hostage, I charge out the door and straight for whatever is to be lurking in the pitch black night that is awaiting my presence. I am confused when I find out that Harry's house is surrounded by forest. I run straight into the woods and never look anywhere except for directly ahead of me.

I run until my feet hurt and still now that I can't feel them at all.  It is pitch black outside and I am going deeper and deeper into the forest. Anyone within fifty feet of me can probably hear my heavy breathing. I sounded like I was dying, which I might be. I can't see anything but I'm managing to miss the trees. Not wanting to celebrate too early, I stifle a laugh that is begging to escape my lips. I made it. I got out. When I notice the the lights coming from up ahead, I almost freeze.  This time I don't hold the laugh in. With every step I take,the closer I get to going home, escaping the monster who has made my life a living hell.

The closer I get, the clearer I can see a car driving in the opposite direction of Harry's house. I continue running at full speed towards the car and when my feet take note of the change from grass to cement, I don't think twice about stepping in front of the car and as soon as I do,  I collapse under the bright lights coming from the front of the car.

"Hey, what the hell is that?"I hear a male voice say as I try my best to beg for help. I hear a few different car doors open and am soon surrounded by what seems to be a group of three men a bit older than I am. I'd assume that they're around Harry's age.

"Are you alright, love?"

"No, he's coming for me." My voice comes out in a whimper. A tall, blonde man walks over to me and kneels beside me, wrapping his arm under my body.

"It's okay. We'll get you help, alright? My names Luke. Could you tell me your name?" His voice is soft, unlike Harry's. I try my best to speak but the shock my body is under won't let me get a word out. "You can just tell me later, yeah?" I nod at him as the best reply I can force myself to make. His hands are strong as they guide me to stand up. My body can barely hold itself up so he does most of the lifting. As he practically carries me into the backseat of their car, I finally feel an ounce of relief. I lean my head against the car window and look out at the men walking towards the car, noticing this time, there's only two of them. I listen closely to their mumbles about how we're only a couple miles from the nearest police station and that they will take me there. The two men sit down in drivers seat and passenger seat, still not noticing that their friend is not in the car.

"Calum, that police station is still right off of county road, right?" The blonde one asks. After receiving no answer, he turns to the backseat, noticing his friend is absent.