5

Harry

Harry

Trust me, I know how horrible I am. But I am not going to stop being who I am. I refuse to let my idiotic thoughts get in my way. But then again, maybe that's exactly what I did. I let every crazy thought I've ever had become a reality and now I'm haunted by the things that I have done. And I never stop.

I don't remember ever being sane. Maybe I never really have been. For me, it feels odd to feel guilty for anything. I've never felt the need to have pity for somebody or something. I've never cared for anybody besides for Hannah . Not that I care for Rose. But I feel as if a part of me wants to.

I often wonder to myself if the reasons for why I am so deranged has to do with my upbringing. When I was young, I didn't have a home. And I never had anybody in a home to care for or to care about. I was passed between foster homes because when I would finally find a home, I wouldn't want to be there so I'd break out in psychotic breakdowns and do crazy things like kill their cats or dogs. I have no excuse for the things that I've done. But I'm not going to admit them as mistakes just yet.

I wanted to hurt people. I still do. It is what I do and who I am. But something inside of me is growing tired of my cynical ways.

I couldn't get the thought of what I did out of my head. I hurt her. I hurt an innocent girl because I can't control myself. I know that the best thing for me would be to let the girl go and skip town but something about her is too compelling to let go. She has sympathy for me. I know she does. I can see it in her eyes when she looks at me. Nobody has felt any since of sympathy for me other than Hannah. And now this girl, who I've already put through hell, is treating me kindly. I didn't deserve her kindness nor did I deserve anybodies. Yet, she continues to be nice to me.

I'm sure I've really messed it up this time, though. I destroyed what little trust she may have had in me the second I laid my hands on her. Maybe cutting ties with my sympathetic side wasn't that bad of an idea after all.

Rose

As occupied as I should of been by the currently bruising skin on my neck, I couldn't help but wonder if he was okay.

I know it sounded insane considering he had tried to kill my only a few hours ago, but I hated the thought of anybody being in pain. And the look in his eyes when he realized what was going on was a very painful look. It was like something clicked in him right before I passed out.

I've been sitting in the same spot for hours, my body growing tired from the uncomfortable position but I was too afraid to move. I am afraid to do anything that he doesn't like so I figure staying completely still is the safest way to be.

I want to go home. It is the only thought racing through my mind as I pick at the skin on my fingers, nervously. I want to see my mom and my dad and be in my own bed again. I want to go to school and to see my friends. I want my life back. I just want to go home.

Every time I close my eyes, I see his face looking back at me. Hands wrapped around my neck, eyes seemingly eerier than before. I can't help but replay the entire situation over and over again in my head. Each time I thought about it, his image became less frightening to me and more like a lost puppy. He looks sad. And not the kind of sad that you feel once in awhile. He looked like he had become the entire meaning of sadness. His eyes were droopy and his mouth hung with such a pout. He was undoubtedly the most beautiful man I had ever laid eyes on. Something about it made me intrigued to know what caused his sadness but disgusted to know that he is causing mine.

As stupid as the idea sounds, I decide that I want to find where he ran off to earlier. Part of me feels betrayed by my other half for ignoring my better judgement but it's not like I have much to lose now that he is forcing me to live in his house.

I sit up from my cross legged position on the ground and I walk out of the room. Once I'm in the hallway, I look around to see it he is standing in the open but he is not so I continue to walk down the long, white carpeted hallway in search of trouble. I decided that the door at the end of the hall is the one that he is probably behind so I keep walking towards it. I can feel my body pulling back against the stupid action but I keep walking straight anyways. When I'm finally outside of the door, I knock three times and then take a step back. I patiently wait and just when I think I should knock again or run away, the door opens with a harsh force revealing the tall man behind it.

"What are you doing?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't know." I answer honestly. What am I doing?

"I'm going out tonight." He walks past me with a stride and I turn to face his back that is know walking back into the room I was just in.

"Why?" I instantly felt embarrassed for asking such a stupid question.

"It doesn't concern you." He turns around to face me and looks me up and down, completely intimidating me. "Don't leave this house or else I'll tie you up by your pretty hair. Got it?" The threat was harsh and rude but what else was to be expected from a man like him? I stare at him for a few seconds, trying to understand why is going on in his head but it isn't to any use and he only begins to look as confused as I must look. He takes a few quick steps towards me and stops when his face is only a couple inches away from my face. I don't break the eye contact as his eyes burns holes into mine.

"I can't leave. Remember?" I speak up with the sudden confidence that I gained, surprisingly. I watch as his tongue drags over his teeth and he runs a hand though his hair.

"If you leave, I'll find you. You can't hide from me, Rose." He backs away from me a bit, relieving me.

"Obviously not. Or else I wouldn't be here." His jaw twitches with frustration but he keeps calm, luckily. I really need to shut my mouth before he gets fed up and does it for me.

The starring match between us doesn't break even when he gets in my face again, nose to nose with me as I try not to reveal how badly I'm shaking out of nervousness.

"Don't forgot who your boss is, sweetheart. I can make your life a living hell." The look on his face remains the same. Angry yet amused. It's like he finds pleasure in making me uncomfortable. I internally beg myself to not to speak up but something takes me over, causing me to spit out words I can only imagine how badly I'll regret saying later.

"You already have, sweetheart." His entire demeanor changes from intrigued to furious as soon as my voice spoke up. He walks forward, causing me to walk backward and eventually collide with the wall as he places his forehead on top of mine.

"You think this is hell? Baby, you have no idea what hell is. I can make you wish that your life was only a constant rerun of the night you watched you lover get killed. I can make that seem enjoyable compared to what you have in store if you don't keep that pretty mouth shut. Can't you think of anything better to do with it besides for talking?" His words take me off guard and I swallow a lump in my throat, trying my hardest not to cry in front of him. I'm suddenly flooded with memories of when he killed Issac and I can't help but let a few tears escape my swollen eyes. I bite my lip and take a sharp breath and completely cower under his gaze. I shift my stare from his but he places his hand under my jaw and turns my head to face him.

"Don't make me do things I don't want to do." And with that, he lets go of me and walks away. I stay still until I watch him walk downstairs and then hear him walk out the front door, slamming it behind him. Once I know that he is gone, I slide my back down the wall and sit with my knees to my chest and sob into my hands. How could somebody be so cruel? I wonder to myself, knowing that I won't find any answers. Some people are just sick. No matter how beautiful they are on the outside, in the inside they can be completely evil. And I believe he is evil even if it is behind the mask that is green eyes and pouty lips.