10

Rose

"Rose, wake up. Rose, you need to wake up." The voice pulling me out of my dreams holds no anger as I feel a hand grip my shoulder, shaking me lightly. My eyes bolt open and are instantly directed to the panicked looking Harry in front of me. I try to call my breathing until I realize his hand in still placed on me and suddenly all of the events from last night play through my head.

"Get away from me!" I scream at him and he looks confused but also a trace of sadness is seen on his face.

"Rose, what did I do?" His voice is shaky when he reaches across the bed to place us hand on top of mine but I pull away quickly.

"You're a monster!" I scramble to get off of the bed and manage to smack my head off of the dresser in the process.

Harry

A small whine escapes her lips the second her head hits the dresses. We both freeze for a second before I jump over the bed onto he floor in front of her just in time to catch her head from falling down.

"Are you hurt?" She doesn't say anything. Instead she just stares at me in shock and disgust. "Rose, please tell me. What did I do?" I know what I did. I kidnapped her. I stole her away from her family and friends, killed her boyfriend. I ruined her life. But as of last night, I thought she was starting to hate me a little bit less. She was talking to me. Telling me about her nightmares, even. Her nightmares. She must have had a nightmare. "It was a bad dream. You're okay." I watch as her eyebrows furrow in confusion and then she blinks when rapidly.

"But you," She reaches up to her neck to feel for something. What is she feeling for? "I told you to stop." Oh, my god. She thinks I touched her.

"I would never touch you like that, Rose. You've got to believe me. It was just a bad dream." My voice is frantic as I try to convince her that I didn't take advantage of her last night. I may be a horrible person but I would never touch her without consent.

I watch as a small tear escapes her big eyes and I reach over to wipe it away. She flinches under my touch and I don't blame her.

"It was all so real." Her voice is even smaller than it was before.

"I am so sorry. It's over now." I am shocked when she slowly nods her head, as if understanding that it was just a bad dream.

I stay down on my knees in front of her and pathetically wait for her to show some sign emotion besides for pain. It never comes.
.
.
Hours pass and she is still inside of that bedroom alone and crying, I'm sure. Part of me wants to comfort her, tell her that this will all be over with soon and that she can go back to her family. But I can't tell any more lies to her. Not now, at least.

As I walk through the hallway into my kitchen, a quiet buzzing coming from my pocket snaps me out of my thoughts. I read the name across the scream and decide against my better judgment to pick it up.

"Hey, mate. Have you got any plans for tonight?" I absentmindedly roll my eyes at the stupid question.

"Don't know yet. Why's it matter?"

"All the lads are going out tonight and we figured we'd give it a shot to invite you."

"Going out as in?"

"Listen, are you coming or not? We're leaving in an hour." A take a deep breath and weigh my options. Stay home and take care of Rose while she cries alone all night or go out with the guys and get trashed? I choose the typical answer and then hang up the phone. While sliding my phone back into my pocket, I walk up the stairs and into the room that Rose is still inside of, curled up in the same ball on the floor from before. I sigh loudly and run a hand through my hair.

"I'm leaving for a bit. You know the rules. If you get hungry, you are allowed to go into the kitchen but then straight back to your room. Understand?" My voice comes off decently pleasant but not nearly as calming as she needs it to be. She slowly nods her head and small sniffle is heard, almost compelling me to comfort her. But of course, I don't. I never will.
I walk back down the stairs and out of the door to venture into my best attempt at getting the sad girl out of my mind.