Chapter Twenty-three

1952 — Putnam County, New York

   Klaus's hands rested just below her ears, his thumbs caressing her cheeks as their breaths mingled. She ran his finger down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the gentle beating of his heart against her chest.

   It was a desperate kiss for Eleanor and Klaus Mikaelson. He kissed her hard and rough, pushing her against a tree and roaming his hands from her cheek, down her arm, fingers brushing down her thigh. He pulled her thigh up and pushed himself against her, a desperate mouth kissing from her lips to her neck. 

   Eleanor Fraser had only felt desperate and hot kisses whenever she was with Klaus. While Thomas Cumming kissed gently and passionately, Klaus Mikaelson kissed harsh and possessive. The way he kissed her was as if he didn't want to let go, as if his mouth had been connected to hers for so long. It made her feel strange, just like that time in the alley in Paris. 

   A chuckle escaped his lips as they moved perfectly against hers. He pulled away and pressed his thumb just beneath her bottom lip, slightly pulling it down. "If you wanted to kiss me, you should have waited until we were somewhere more private." He licked the corner of his lip and gave her a crooked smile. "Although, I wouldn't mind here."

   "I shouldn't have kissed you," Eleanor breathed, starring straight up at him. She was still a bit breathless from their kiss, the taste of his mouth still on hers. "I shouldn't have—"

   "Oh, please, you enjoyed it," he chuckled. "You loved it by the way you moaned."

   She stared up at him with an incredulous look. "I-I didn't ..." She was flustered from his words, her cheeks reddening.

   "You still get flustered when I make you moan?" His smirk widened as he brushed his fingers down her cheek, until they reached her neck. "Eighty years and you still get flustered." His fingers closed gently around her neck. "Eighty years and I still want to kiss you, Eleanor."

   "Eighty years and the two of you still make me want to vomit," a voice said from behind them. Eleanor immediately pulled away from Klaus and turned, her eyes immediately catching Elijah's. He was fixing the jacket of his suit, looking as regal as always with his lips slightly pursed in both annoyance and amusement. "Are you two aware that we're in a forest, during the full moon, with werewolves running around? I'm sure one of us is vulnerable to a werewolf's bite."

   Eleanor moved closer to Elijah and let out a breath. "How did you find us?"

   "I came with Klaus," he said, eyes shifting behind her for several seconds, "but we were being followed, so I had to take care of that."

   Klaus stepped forward, in front of Eleanor. "Who was it?"

   Elijah let out a sigh and lifted a hand, moving two fingers as a signal for someone to come out. "You don't have to hide," he said with a hint of annoyance.

   Gianni walked from between the woods, shoulders slouched and his eyes rimmed with a few tears. When his eyes met Eleanor's, he hurried to her and wrapped his arms around her as tight as he could. "Eleanor!" he breathed, tightening the hug. "I'm sorry, Eleanor! I shouldn't have ran away and left you with those people!"

   "It's alright," she softly said with a smile as she pulled away. "I'm alive, sweetheart."

   "A child of a childless mother," Klaus chuckled, a hint of wonder in his tone. "A mother with no children. I find these two quite admirable."

   "Klaus." Elijah's voice was held with warning, as if he were telling his brother to shut up. "Do be quiet."

   "I'm being admirable."