Chapter 3-You and I

Horace's POV:

Ha! Like my sweet, precious, lovely (y/f/n) would ever love a shriveled-hearted mouse like Enoch. Dear (y/f/n) took me upstairs to my bathroom and helped me clean up, what a nice lady. I had that yummy shake substance covered my whole body, and ruined my precious suit (I cri T~T), but truth be told, I did it on purpose. I had seen (y/f/n) and Enoch go down to the basement together. I didn't trust them alone together at all. There was no telling what Enoch could have done to dear (y/f/n), he probably would have turned her into one of his stupid homunculi! I had to steal her away.

"Geez Horace. You made such a mess!" She wiped away a bit of the shake from my cheek. I gave her an evil smirk the tackle hugged her so she would her dirty too. "REALLY? Ugh, this was one of my favorite dresses!"

"Revenge for my suit! Aw, come on (y/f/n)! Lighten up!"

"Says the one who got scared of a mouse. Ugh, Hora-" I cut her off by kissing her. I cupped one side of her cheek and pulled her lips onto mine. Her eyes widened in shock, too cute! I held it for about 8 or 9 seconds, then released so she could catch her breath.

"H-Horace?" She asked in a whisper, with her eyes half open. I was secretly fanboying inside- she was so bloody cute!

"Hmm? Yes, love?" I asked her, trying to do my sweetest, softest voice.

"What was that about?!" She yelled. Then...hugged me? For bird's sake, this girl is confusing the hell out of me.

"I'm sorry! You are just too cute!" I tried to say, laughing in between words.

She blushed. My heart is now dead. "I-I'm not cute! Does someone who is 'cute' scare off a hollow?" What, what? "Yeah! I scared off a hollow! Think I'm cute now?"

"Tch. That's not what Miss P. told us. She said that he left, that he abandoned anyone left, aka- you. But she told us that you were actually able to injure it. I applaud you for that."

"Wait, Miss Peregrine told you what about what happened?!?!"

"Of course she did!"

"Damn it... I-I didn't want you guys to know... all I wanted was a fresh start, but nope." She had gotten truly upset. Damn it Horace! Any chance you had with (y/f/n) just went down the goddamned bloody drain!

I patted her back soothingly, she had started crying. "Shhhh... It's ok love." Slowly, she ceased her crying and looked up at me. She looked like she did when I had seen her the first day that she had came here, with the glossy, red, puffy eyes. I kissed her again, lightly and softly. This time, she kissed back. I could taste the salty tears that had trailed down her cheeks onto her soft lips. It saddened me when Miss P. had told us of what happened, especially because of our own experiences with hollowgast. This girl, her story, her personality, had stolen my heart.

Eventually we pulled away from each other. We had been sitting on the cold tile ground of the bathroom, her knees pulled up to her chest, one of my legs in the same with the other stretching out forward. When we pulled away from each other her eyes were still closed and her eyebrows furrowed in disappointment. I chuckled; she didn't want the kiss to end and I didn't either but we had too before someone came in the bathroom.

"C'mon love, let's head outside." I gently took her hand and led her downstairs. Enoch, the shrivel-hearted mouse, was waiting downstairs in the main living room sitting on one of the velvet-cushioned chairs that I had picked out (no praise needed, everyone loves those chairs!). I noticed that (y/f/n) looked at him with an expression that seemed to say 'I'm sorry." So I gave him a death glare with a smirk that she didn't see.

I don't care what it takes. Enoch will not win (y/f/n)'s heart.

AHH! BOOM! ANOTHER CHAPTER IN ONE DAY! I wrote this all today actually. Sorry for another short chapter, I didn't get much time to write in the class I always write this in. Hope you like the story so far!

- ~Potato Queen~