8. Raspberry Rampage

Colour returned to Dib's face. His cheeks flushed crimson. The more I watched him huff and puff, the more I felt like a red flag taunting a bull just by existing. "All zombies are the same," he spat. "I'll kill you where you stand."

He readied his machete while licking his lips. Then, he bolted in my direction. His speed never wavered; it was as if everything up to this point was child's play. Silent alarms rang in my mind. Fleeing was my best option, yet my legs stayed locked in place.

Fuck, why wasn't my body doing what I wanted to? I was going to die at this rate! If this was what living undead every day was going to be like, I'd rather die for good. I exhaled, then smiled. Ah, so this was the end. I wished I could've seen Jack's stupid face one more time.

He laughed when the distance between us closed. His arms rose, ready to strike. Just before Dib could slice my neck off, my body bent back. He'd barely grazed strands of hair from my bangs. I saw my reflection in its silver edge. For some reason, my eyes were clouded. Was I unconscious? Possessed? Either way, I managed to survive.

The savage's speed turned out to be his literal downfall. He skidded past me, tripping over himself until his face met the ground once more.

"Need a little help there, Dipshit?" my voice mocked. Whoa, whoa, whoa, what the hell? Getting him angry would only make it worse! What was I saying?

My body hopped back up, a smirk spread across my face. It then placed my hands on my hips. "Weren't you going to slice me up 'all nice and pretty like'? How pathetic."

Dib bolted up. After wiping pebbles from his face, he growled. "What'd you say?"

I needed to get out of here. I tried to move my legs, but they wouldn't budge. Listen to me, dammit! My body chuckled instead. "Burning helpless children and crippled women... yet I'm the savage?"

His cheeks flushed beet-red. Eyes bulged and fists clenched, he snarled, "I'll fucking kill you!"

I glanced to my stomach with a lick of my lips. With everything that happened today, I never noticed how hungry I was until now. I noted to snag some sweets from the bakery once this ended.

A roar snapped me back into the present. Dib and my body were in close-combat. His movements were sloppy; none of his swings landed a scratch on me. Wind was the only thing he cut through. The way I evaded him by effortlessly jumping side to side felt similar to dancing on air. How could I suddenly move like this?

Once Dib was wheezing, I―or rather, whatever was controlling me―took his fatigued state as a chance to bunt our heads together again. Though I was unaffected, he fell backwards. Pain really didn't affect me anymore! I walked onto his stomach and slammed my foot into his mouth. Realizing his voice was muffled, Dib tried to bite into my shoe. His teeth only marked the platform.

My arms reached down to snatch the machete from his moist hand. They lifted it into the air before stabbing it through his ribcage. I knew I should've felt guilty or something, yet a rush of excitement jolted through me at his bones cracking amongst screams.

He would've killed me anyway. There shouldn't be a problem if I punished him a bit. It didn't matter if I wasn't controlling my body as long as he felt the pain I couldn't. Savages never had mercy against the dead or otherwise. Many civilians lost their lives to scum like him, including Ma and Pa. Would anyone care if one or two disappeared?

Before I could ponder the thought, my hands pushed the blade further down. Blood splashed on my cheek; I licked it clean without hesitation. Man, that's gross. 

The savage's cries worsened. I guessed they annoyed the thing because it pressed my foot down more. I felt something snap beneath the heel, then more smothered yells. Oh dear, that sounded painful.

A smile spread across my face slower than syrup. Once my grip readjusted, I circled the weapon's edge around his belly button. I traced up his adorable six-pack, then pressed down enough for blood to leak out. Gross.

Dib writhed under me. Arms flailing and legs kicking, the man did his best to struggle until he went limp. Something hit the ground. My gaze shifted right just to see his head tilted to the side. His eyes were closed and his breaths, shallow. Huh, so he was still alive. Barely.

My stomach rumbled once more. The thing placed my free hand on it while looking down. After confirming Dib's state of mind―or lack thereof―my body went back to work. It took my foot out of Dib's mouth, shaking off the loose teeth stuck to the heel. Then made me sit on my knees next to him. My arms changed position, with one pulling his bloodied shirt up and the other waving his machete in circles.

When his bare body became visible, my hand returned the machete to the wounded area by his chest. Blood slid down his side and dyed the gravel crimson. As much as I wanted to look away, I couldn't. My widened eyes stayed fixated on it. What was it going to make me do?

I found my answer once I felt a twinge in my gut. Wait, was I supposed to... eat Dib? Why couldn't zombies live off of regular food like normal people, anyway? No, this wasn't the time to think about that. If I didn't get my body back soon, whatever controlling me would eat this... this person! Leave, right now.

My orders went on deaf ears. It instead scooted over to Dib's shoulders before taking a whiff of his fat neck. The scents of salt, iron, and grass filled my nostrils. My tongue ran over the spot I sniffed. Stop, stop, stop―

It was too late. My teeth had already sunken into his flesh. They tore past skin and clenched down. Then, my mouth ripped a chunk out. Pleasured moans escaped me while skin and muscle turned to mush in my mouth. It was tender and sweet, unlike chicken or beef. Sugar, skin, and blood sent my taste palette in a frenzy. He wasn't supposed to be so... so sweet!

Still, the sight of his neck ripped open would've made me wince if I could. It was so disgusting, bile coated the back of my throat. Yet 'I' still swallowed. Once the sinful meat went down, I sighed. Dib was right; zombies were the scum of mankind. Another chomp and a gulp. I felt violated as blood forced the sugary food down.

Was I really doing this? Sure, Dib might've stabbed me a few times and set the barn on fire with us inside, but he didn't deserve to die like this. No one did. Was this the only way out? Taking away the lives of others just as savages did? I tried to resist without much success. Eyes closed, my mouth was stuffed with more food. The tough texture made my stomach churn despite its intoxicating flavor.

The more I ogled Dib's plump neck, the more I thought of Mary and Bonnie's tear-strucken faces. I shook my head, clenching my jaw. They were gone, but he wasn't? That was too cruel. Yeah, I wasn't doing anything wrong. He was a savage responsible for their deaths. It didn't matter how he died, as long as I could take his last breath away.

Each bite soon became more sweeter than the last. There was no way this was human. It had to be something else, right? For something so bad and sinful, it sure made great acquaintances with my tastebuds. I couldn't avoid the guilt clogging my lungs, though. Despite this, I still swallowed the warm, succulent and saccharine mush down my throat.

I licked my lips. The chocolate in my pocket was probably melted by now, and I haven't had my fix of sugar yet. My fingers twitched on his neck's soft, sweaty surface. I tried to wiggle my pinky, relieved to feel it move just the way I wanted. "I'm finally back," I whispered.

With a lick of my lips, I bit into the sweet meat. I was determined to eat to my heart's content if that was what it took to make him suffer. Butterflies bounced in my stomach with every lick. I shouldn't be doing this, but it was his fault for being so stupidly delectable. Besides, Bonnie did promise a reward, after all―and I haven't had meat in a long time.

The sun glared against his blood. Imagine, past the skin layers and fat, rested a goldmine of rare, one-of-a-kind meat. If a lick tasted this good, then a few more bites and...! Ah, drool filled my mouth just at the thought.

It was too bad Dib was knocked out. His screams would've made a nice side dish. With a crooked smile, I dug in.