Chapter 1 - The day I met her.

The first time I met her would be in my math class. I was as always sitting in the furthest corner of the room at the last bench, away from all the she-devils and he-devils called high school students.

My hood was up concealing the earplugs throughout which Guns N Roses' was blasting out.

Then she appeared.

"Hey!" she smiled at me widely, "Do you mind if I sit here?" she motioned towards the seat beside me.

"Yes."

She raised an eyebrow at me in amusement, "You're not very polite."

"Didn't claim to be," I threw her an annoyed glance before turning the volume higher and turned away.

Everyday at least one or two girls tried to talk to me. Something about me being the school's bad boy and having a dark past. They all claimed themselves to be angels sent from heaven with a heart more pure than the Bible to 'save the dark and mysterious guy from his past fears.'

I honestly had no idea how the hell they came to those conclusions.

Did I ever beat someone up in school? No.

Did I sleep around? No.

Did I skip school? No.

But they were still convinced that I had some strange dark fetish or something just because I liked wearing leather jackets and boots.

Chick flicks, I tell you.

I didn't hear from her anymore so I assumed that she had already left because she didn't get enough attention.

That's what most girls were. Attention seekers.

If they don't get that from you, they'll friendzone you and then move onto the next poor guy.

If they do get that from you, they'll flirt with you till they get bored and then move onto the next poor guy.

Medusas.

Halfway through class, I glanced beside me unconsciously only for my jaw to drop when I saw that girl from before seated there.

I turned off the music before tucking my phone in my pocket. I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes.

She was biting her lips anxiously trying to solve the quiz that we were supposed to take. I glanced at my own paper proudly.

I had finished ten minutes into the exam because I had prepped for it all night long. And yes, I was a closet nerd.

I raised an eyebrow at her amused.

Surprising both myself and her I asked, "You're not very bright, are you?"

She snapped her head towards me and grinned, "That was rude and yeah, I guess not."

I was mildly surprised. I had half expected her to turn all moody and tell me to shut up. I even expected her to blush with embarrassment.

But I didn't expect her to grin at me like we were long lost best friends or something.

Eh, maybe she was trying a new technique.

If that was the case...

I smirked at her arrogantly, "Well if you want I could always teach you. You know? Maybe at my house?"

Cue the blush.

...except it didn't come.

She raised an eyebrow at me amused and breathed out a shocked laugh, "God, Evan. Are you trying to flirt with me?"

I had never been so embarrassed in my life.

"No," I mumbled turning away.

What the hell is wrong with you, Evan?!

She giggled, "No! You were! And my house? Who says that other than middle aged perverts?"

I groaned lowly, "Okay, fine! I was flirting...and I'm sorry."

"No, no," she urged me nudging my shoulder, "Flirt some more Evan. I was really enjoying your flirty talk! It was so funny."

"Glad to amuse you," I muttered darkly, "Now shut up before Mr. Taylor kicks us out."

Chuckling she turned back to her paper.

I glanced at her again after a while. She was engrossed in answering the questions.

"Hey, Tell me how you know my name," I ordered her rudely. I hadn't actually intended to come as so harsh but oh what the hell. It was my natural way of speaking. Couldn't really help if she got offended.

Surprising me again, she brushed it off as if she didn't even hear it, "Everyone knows you here, Evan. You're the school's bad boy. Every girl's dream and every boy's nightmare."

I gave her a wry smile, "Wow, great to hear that."

She chuckled again, "Oh don't be such a sour pants. They're just messing around."

"They don't even know me," I gritted my teeth.

Suddenly her eyes turned melancholy as she smiled at me slightly, "Yeah...They don't know much about me either."

I was slightly thrown off by her tone. She didn't say it in a way that suggested she wanted more attention. She sad it in a way that suggested she was avoiding attention but at the same time wanted someone to know the real her.

Shrugging those thoughts away I raised an eyebrow at her skeptically, "Well, who are you? You didn't even tell me your name."

She grinned lopsidedly, "Who am I? Who knows? That's something that I haven't figured out yet. But I can tell you my name."

I raised an eyebrow at her. This girl was weird.

But a good weird.

"Yes...?" I urged her impatiently.

"Rose," she smiled at me with eyes twinkling with joy, "Rose Winters."

Little did I know that this weird girl who always seemed to be happy for no reason at all would change my life forever.

And I'm not over exaggerating.

She did change it. But was it for the better or for the worse?

Who knows? That's something that I haven't figured out yet.

A/N

Don't forget to vote or comment please!

-Z