Chapter 9

THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1k views 😍 for all your support you are getting another chapter😏👑 I just want do dedicate this chapter to AllTheNiceOnesAreBad xXFeysandXx FangirlBookworm21 Fireheartmanorian Herondalescarstairs Kilala14 for commenting and voting. You have no ideas how much this means to me and to all authors. Also I dedicate it to all my other followers because if I didn't have you I would never have started this book and certainly wouldn't have gotten to chapter 9!

~HeirOfTheBookstore.

Rowan easily dodged the attack, his wind choked the air out of the wolf and he waited. After about a minute, the wolf stopped thrashing, his humongous body going limp as he lost consciousness. A white flash and the wolf had turned into a male, one Rowan hadn't seen since the day his queen had freed him from his blood oath to Maeve.

A snarl ripped from his lips as he released his powers grip on the Male.
"Connall." He growled as Fenrys' twin coughed, trying and failing to get enough air into his lungs. Rowans lip twitched as he waited for the beast to speak. He could see Lorcan was ready to snap his neck and he would gladly allow that, if they didn't need Connall for information

Elide stared at Connall, as if she was trying to figure out something but failing to come to terms with the reality. Rowan caught her eye and she stuttered at him, utterly bewildered
"W-what? Isn't that Fenrys?."
He smirked, realising she didn't know about Fenrys' twin brother.
"No," He replied, not bothering to expand as he stalked over to the cowering Male.
"Where is she?" He growled, low and threatening. Connall sat up at his tone; glaring at his old brother in arms, at the leader he had once respected, and spat in his face.

Rowan lost it. He kneeled down next to Connall and grabbed his throat, forgetting about his magic all together. The only thing coursing through him was pure and undiluted rage. The rage that had pent up from months without his queen - his mate. Rage from all those useless tears spilled and time spent mourning a girl who wasn't even his mate; just a trick set up by Maeve.

He lifted Connall up by the neck, pinning him to a tree and felt his long, sharp nails pierce his skin. The blood trickled down the side of the Fae males neck and Rowan laughed, a blood curdling laugh, that made all the animals in the forest go silent.
"If you do not tell me where she is, whore, I will snap your neck and let the crows feast on your rotting carcass." Connall just laughed and sneered
"Traitor."

Rowan raised an eyebrow, the killing calm settling in his veins. A malicious smirk formed on his face and he tilted his head to the side, squeezing Connalls neck until it looked like his eyes would pop out of his head. He was just about to snap the ignorant bastards neck when he heard the breathless pant of someone screaming
"NO!"

His whole body came alert to that sound, he knew that voice, just as be knew the winds of his home or the laugh of Lyria when he would play a violin note wrong. It was his Mate, his queen. It was Aelin. His head snapped around the where the voice had emanated just in time to see a tangle of blonde curls smothering him. He dropped Connall and wrapped his arms around her petite frame. Gods, her scent. Jasmine and lemon verbena with an under coating of crackling embers. That scent hit him and encompassed him. All he could smell was her and all he wanted was her. He inhaled and noticed something - off about her scent. Probably the stupid iron coffin. He dismissed this thought and relaxed to her familiar embrace.