2

It seemed odd that the girl ran away right after the day we crashed. Maybe I just drew the last straw and she cracked, so she ran away. Maybe something happened at home, and she didn't want to take it anymore. There are endless possibilities, but just thinking of them made my stomach feel uneasy.

     "Never to suffer would never to have been blessed," my english teacher said aloud. "What do you think it means?"

   The idiot who always gives smart alec answers raises his hand first, of course.

  "Yes... Xavier?" Mrs. Lucreita said with a bit of hesitation and venom.

  "I think it means that if you don't do cool stuff then you should die," he bellowed obnoxiously.

   The class laughed, almost as if this were a sitcom, making me grip my pencil to the point where it almost snaps. I raised my hand out of anger, which I usually don't do because I'm the quiet kid. The good noodle.

  The class grew silent as they stared at me with a bit of seriousness, while Mrs. Lucreita on the other hand seemed relieved to have an actually somewhat intelligent student share their thoughts.

  "Go ahead, Valerie."

"I think it means that you have to go through hardships before you get to your miracles."

  "Nice wording. Anyone else?"

  Everybody looked at each other awkwardly as if their minds ere completely blank.

   "Okay then, you guys may pack up, we have 1 minute until the bell rings." 

  The quote kind of reminds me of the girl I met yesterday. She was so sad, so heartbreaking. I hope she finds her miracle soon. I placed my journal into my backpack neatly, as I noticed a light blue and white striped candy wrapper a few centimeters from my shoe. I unfolded it to be welcomed by the alluring dark blue ink.

Ƭσ кєєρ ѕмαят ρєσρє ѕαηє, ωє мυѕт ƒιяѕт gєт яισƒ тнєιя вαηє.