3

"Is this a hint?" I asked the girl who was crying 2 days ago.

   "I don't know. It's a candy wrapper someone left behind, so I mean..."

   "I found one like this, but it was dark reddish-pink and white striped. Do you think they could be meant for me?"

  "Maybe, but we can't be sure..."

  "Yeah, well..."

  A shriek spawned from a blonde girl as she dropped the paper she was holding. She started sobbing on her knees with a bunch of others, people trying to comfort them.

  "Why did it have to be Xavier?" one of them cried in a scratchy voice.

  "Another person?! Are you kidding me?" I groaned to the girl.

  "That's... odd. Maybe we do have to look a bit more into this tomorrow. My name is Idania."

  "I'm Valerie. Yeah, tomorrow sounds nice."

  "Cool. I'll see you then," she nodded, walking past the sobbing clique.

   I walked over to the horrible sound, sympathy twisting inside of me again. I hate this feeling. I want to do something about it, but there's not much I can do.

  "Hey," I said weakly, "Do you guys wanna talk about what happened?"

  One ginger girl looked up with a threatening look. "No. You should probably leave us... we don't want to talk right now."

  "Oh... okay."

   I just walked home, the familiar sidewalk seemed so comforting. I loved walking past the flower shop, just to see what was inside. A little kid ran out and waved when they saw me, so I just waved back.

  "Hey! There's something on the bottom of your shoe!" They exclaimed laughing.

  I embarrassedly looked down to expect toilet paper, but what it was instead surprised me. "Huh? Oh! Thank you!"

  Another candy wrapper?

  The kid ran back inside, probably to his parents, so I just untwisted it while walking home.

  This time it was turquoise and white striped, but there was sloppy boring black ink gel used this time.

  A ɠɾҽαƚ αɯαƙҽɳιɳɠ ʂԋαʅʅ Ⴆҽ Ⴆσɾɳ ϝσɾ ƚԋҽ ɱσυɾɳҽɾ ɯιƚԋ ƚԋσɾɳʂ.