4

"Now ginger's gone, too!" One of the clique members wailed.

   I gave Idania a look, making her nod in agreement. We sat down on the grayish bricks surrounding the garden of stomped roses. I pulled out the two candy wrappers, showing them to Idania.

"Wasn't there a third one?"

"Yeah... I kind of... left it there."

"Do you remember what it said?"

"Something about my birthday... getting rid of problems as a gift? Written by a."

"A?"

"Yeah. It was only a."

"Hmm... so their name starts with an a. Well, apparently riddles are on these to find our next victim."

"Oh yeah! That's right!"

"Yeah!"

The sky was so grey and depressing, like the mourners still crying and sharing their memories. The wind suddenly picked up harshly, dragging the candy wrappers with it. Idania briefly stood up and tried to reach for them, but I stopped her wit my hand.

"Don't worry, I'll get them."

She pulled her lips into a tight line, staring stonily at me and sat back down.

They landed perfected on a glass door of a closed library. I took them and peered inside, seeing a bit of light crept onto some bookshelves, but the rest drowned in darkness. There was a paper that read "out of business."

Why was I brought here?

I looked longly at the candy wrappers inside my palm, but then I noticed there were 3. There was one the same color as the first one I got, so I'm assuming it's the same one. I heard a muffled scream, making me jump and immediately run towards the source. When I got to where Idania was, she wasn't there. She probably went home... I should go too. I'm hearing things.

I opened my palm again, but this time I noticed that the wrapper actually wasn't the same color.

It was peach and white striped.

I felt a shock of fear flow inside of me as I opened it swiftly. Of course, this must've been the real reason behind Idania's disappearance.

ǀf уσυ нανє нєƖρ, уσυ cαη'т тняινє. Ƴσυ нανє тσ тняινє ση уσυя σωη тσ ѕυяνινє.