Prologue

Jamie and Noelle carry their small baby, Lydia, into the woods in the pouring rain. The find a spot where the rain isn't hitting. Lydia hasn't turned one yet. Novella leaves a note for whoever finds their daughter, saying she is nine months. 

"Who is the world will find her out here, Noelle?" Jamie asks, fed up with her drastic measures.

"I have hope, Jamie."

"If we weren't going to keep her, why did you give birth to her?" He growls. "Or five the brat up for adoption?"

Noelle gasps at her husband. "I could not give my baby up. I just.... Can't raise her anymore. You never even wanted a child."

"I know." Jamie says ruthlessly. "I hate the brat."

Noelle stands and sleeps Jamie. She takes her denim jacket off, and she lays it over her baby.

"I hope someone finds you before the wild animals, Lydia." Noelle coos. "I chose Forks because I know it is a safe, small town for you."

With a kiss on Lydia's tiny cheeks, Noelle and Jamie are off.

----

Amongst the trees, Carlisle Cullen's new mate has just awoken. Edward has just returned from his journey of killing humans. The humans he had killed weren't so innocent though, he thought of it as being a hero.

Esme looks around her new home and she smiles fondly at Carlisle. The three hear a baby's cries from inside the woods. Edward seems confused, he cannot read the mind of the infant.

"I'll go search." Edward says.

He leaves the house and he walks into the woods. The cries near as he walks further into the dense woods. He hears movement and he steps behind the bus, where there is a cold, wet baby girl.

"Hi there, little one."

He grabs the paper ok the baby's stomach.

'Dear whomever finds my child, her name is Lydia and she is 9 months old. Please, take care of her.
Jamie and Noelle. '

Edward stuffs the dry paper in the pocket of his slacks and he lifts the baby off the damp ground. "Let's get you dry and warm, Lydia."

Esme and Carlisle seem shocked as they see a little baby in Edwards arms as he returns. He holds Lydia in one arm and hands them the note. Carlisle seems shocked.

"How could anyone do this?" Esme coos.

"I'll go explore the cities of Seattle, I'll be back soon; a few days at the most." Carlisle says. "Take care of her."

Esme takes the month old baby into her arms and Edward goes to find some animals to feast on. Esme starts a small fire in the fireplace and lays Lydia on the rug.

"I'll keep you safe, Lydia Cullen, Carlisle and I will adopt you, honey."

Esme dial the number on the paper and  get information to meet Lydia's birth parents ft the adoption process when Carlisle returns.

--

Carlisle sees a blonde girl on the sidewalks, left for dead. He cannot stop himself, before saving her life. He lifts the girl, Rosalie Hale, up and carries her to Forks a few nights free he had left.

Esme seems pleased that Carlisle has returned. She has a wide awake, and smiling Lydia on her hip. Carlisle lays Rosalie down and he takes Lydia in his own arms.

--/

Rosalie has found her mate, down in the woods. He was mauled by a bear and Rosalie was a new vegetarian. She carries him home and she changes him herself.

---

Jasper and Alice approach the Cullen's door, the last of the coven to arrive. They are already immortal when they find the coven.

Carlisle takes ten in without hesitation. They have a coven now, and a human baby. This is how they came to be, when Edward found Lydia in the woods.