013 : The wedding

It is Edward and Bella's wedding day. I was invited, along with Seth. Seth and I are at the front door, grooming each other. I use a lint roller and roll it across his suit.

"Look at you two." Sue coos. "I want a picture." 

I stand near Seth as he wraps a broad arm around my shoulder. She smiles wide before snapping the picture. Sue is going to the wedding, as Charlie's date. I find that sweet.

"Paul's here, mom." Seth says. "We need to go before he gets antsy."

Sue smiles. "Go. Charlie is on his way to pick me up anyways."

Seth and I get into the backseat of Rachel's car, Paul is driving and Rachel is in the passenger's seat annoyed. She gasps at the sight of me.

"You look beautiful in that dress." Rachel compliments.

"Thanks." I blush. "Sue bought it with hers yesterday in Seattle."

Paul grunts in annoyance.

I frown. "Sorry."

He sighs. "It's not you, Lydia. Rachel practically begged me to come to this thing."

"Wedding." Rachel and I say at the same time.

Paul pulls into the front drive with all the other cars. Seth and I loop arms before we walk inside the house. Dad hugs me.

"I miss you, Lydia." He smiles.

"I miss you too, and the siblings." I grin.

He leads me out back and Alice squeals at my dress.

"Oh my gosh, where did you get that beautiful dress?!" She exclaims.

"Sue bought it at some dress boutique in Seattle along with hers." I smile. "It was over $2000, she said I am worth it."

"That you are." Jasper says. "You look amazing."

I curtsy and I take my seat with Seth, Rachel, and Paul. Paul has a grumpy look on his face.

"Paul, cheer up." I scold. "Now."

He puts on a phony smile before the ceremonial music begins. I stand and I see them coming down. When the make it to the stand, Alice drags me to the piano.

I play A Thousand Years instrumental. Tanya is playing the violin for me. Bella's eyes tear up at my playing and they begin with the vows. I get my solo, and Tanya joins in soon enough. Bella is in tears, she barely read her hand written vows. Has my playing really that tore up?

I continue playing when Edward begins with his vows. Tanya and I play together, in sync. Dad is focused on the piano, and my beautiful playing. Mom is ignoring me all together. She will either look at the ones being married, or at Tanya. Oh well, I'm playing for Edward and Bella

The kiss is beautiful. Dad kisses mom on the cheek and holds her close. I just play on with Tanya playing the violin too. I finish and I thank Tanya with a hug. I go back to my seat and we wait for the toasts.

Emmett is up first. This ought to be good.

"Hope you got enough sleep for the last 18 years."  Emmett smirks. "Because you won't be getting anymore."

I spit my grape juice all over Seth's white shirt before laughing at Emmett's toast. He smirks my way and goes to his seat. Rene, Bella's mother, sings an old lullaby to Bella when she goes up. Bella is laughing, blushing in embarrassment.

Tanya and I go back to instruments on our turn.

"This is Beethoven's 5 Secrets." I sat as Tanya starts in the violin.

I sit and watch Tanya work. She is real good on that instrument. I have a white musical item with a stick that I am playing along side Tanya, on my piano bench. Kate joins in in a small rhythm drum.

As we finish, the entire wedding party age clapping. I hug my vampire family before finding my seat. An orchestra takes over this song, and they sound ten times better.

Charlie walks up to the mic. "Edward will be a good husband. I know this because I'm a cop, and I know things."

I giggle at that and I lean against Seth's shoulder. He smiles at the couple at the center table. She smiles back at me. I sing Secrets from OneRepublic silently.

Seth holds my hand before we walk inside the house for food. I find the kitchen and mom scowls at me. I frown and Paul wraps an around me protectively.

"Come on, the party is downstairs." He says.

I sigh and give mom one more sad look. "Sixteen years down the drain, right, Esme?"

I walk downstairs with Paul and I find Seth. I hug him and say I'm ready. Paul doesn't hesitate to leave. He drops Seth and I off before he brings Rachel home. Leah talks Seth's ear off while I climb the stairs. I kick my heels off in my room and I grab some pajamas. I need a shower to wash the hairspray out of my hair and the perfume off my body.

I start up the hot water as I slip the beautiful dress onto the floor. I step under the water and Leah comes in. She pees.

"Want me to hang your dress in my closet?" She asks as she pulls her shorts up.

"Yeah, please." I reply softly.

"You looked great tonight, sister." Leah says before taking the dress out.

I finish washing my hair and body off before stepping out into the air conditioned house. A shiver goes through my body before I turn the water off. I put on some gray shorts and a white tank top.

I step out and I shiver worse. This house is air conditioned so it is cold fresh out of the shower. I walk to my room on the cold, wooden floors. I close my door behind me and turn my wall heater on. I sit in front of it for awhile before turning it off.

I climb in my  bed, and I moan in relief. It feels good to be in bed, and out of those freakish heels. I hear my door open and close. I see Seth strip to his boxers, and he lays next to me.

"Goodnight, baby girl." Seth whispers and kisses my cheek.

"Good night, my wolf boy." I kiss his lips before rolling over to face the wall.

Seth wraps his arms around me from behind, and we both drift off to sleep.