{ 1.0 }

PART 1, PROLOGUE

❝ parting is such sweet sorrow ❞

•   •   •

Stiles waited anxiously in Scott's room, constantly and aimlessly flipping through the comics his best friend had stacked under his bed.

When Scott finally came home, it took him a while to register Stiles sitting in his desk chair, staring into space.

"Stiles?" Scott questioned. "What are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

"I'm leaving," Stiles absentmindedly stated.

"Okay," Scott nodded, furrowing his brows. "When are you coming back?"

Stiles finally looked at Scott. "I'm not."

"What?" Scott asked.

"My dad got a better job offer in New Orleans," Stiles explained. "And we need the money."

"You can't just leave!" Scott huffed out. But when Stiles gave him a look, Scott knew that the arrangements had already been made. So he took a seat on his bed and sighed. "When are you leaving?"

Stiles stood up with a sigh and took a seat next to Scott on his bed. He didn't say anything for a moment, but he knew he had to.

"Tonight," Stiles whispered.

The two boys shared a meaningful look. One look filled with hurt and sadness,, the other with shame and sadness.

•   •   •

"What's Charlie doing waiting outside?"

Bella looked up from the dashboard to see that Jacob was right. Charlie was sitting on a stool in front of the door.

"I don't know," Bella frowned.

When the truck came to a stop in the driveway, Bella hopped off and approached her dad.

"What's going on?" she questioned Charlie.

Charlie, however, didn't acknowledge his daughter. Instead, he addressed Jacob. "Thanks for bringing her home, Jacob. Tell your dad I said hi."

Jacob hesitated before nodding and bidding goodbye to the father-daughter duo.

Charlie didn't look at Bella and walked inside, taking his stool with him. Bella, though confused as she was, followed after her father who walked up to her room.

"What's this?" Bella freaked out once she saw her room all packed up.

"I'm sending you to live with a friend of mine for the rest of your senior year," Charlie blurted out, finally looking at his daughter.

"You're kicking me out?" Bella exploded, standing in the middle of her room.

Charlie sighed. "I'm not kicking you out Bells."

"Then?" she questioned frantically. "Why are you sending me away?"

Charlie sighed and took a seat on her bed, Bella following suit. "Ever since Edward left—"

"I'm doing better," she interrupted. "Hanging out with Jacob is really helping."

Charlie smiled ruefully at the young girl. "I know it is, but it hasn't stopped the nightmares. And I think you'll like it there. Plus, my friend has a son your age so you won't be alone."

Bella sighed in defeat as she slouched. She didn't care that she was going to live with two males, she cared that she was leaving Forks and wouldn't be there in case Edward or any other Cullen returned.

"Where even is 'there'?" she caved.

"New Orleans."