{ 1.4 }

PART 1, CHAPTER 4

• • •

Dean couldn't believe how happy he felt at that moment.

His performance had gone great, especially his solo, which turned out to be a double performance after the audience asked him to sing another song. He was more than happy to oblige to their wishes. And after he was done, Bella and Stiles came to congratulate him. His grin widened, even more, when Bella complimented him, but neither realized.

However, his mood was cut short when he felt a familiar presence behind him, causing him to tense up.

"Dean."

His breath hitched and it took everything in him to turn his body around. His eyes watered when they connected with a pair of blue eyes, the same ones he had.

"Davina?"

The young girl smiled and ran towards him before launching herself into his arms. She started crying onto his shoulders and telling him how much she missed him. It took a while, but Dean's shock finally wore off and he pulled away from his little sister, staring at her in confusion.

"Where have you been? What did Marcel do to you? Don't worry I'll bring you back hom—"

"What? Marcel?" Davina interrupted brow furrowing. "He hasn't done anything to me. He saved me from the witches!"

If Dean thought he was confused before, he was wrong. He didn't understand what Davina was saying. He had seen Marcel take her away after his vampires had attacked the witches. Granted, he had been late, so he was only there for the end. But when he told her of this, she quickly shook her head.

She explained what really happened, tone dripping of hatred for the witches.

Still, Dean didn't know what to believe anymore. He was grateful that Davina was still alive though, something that Davina didn't seem to believe.

"I didn't want to die," she quivered, sight blurring due to the tears gathering in her eyes.

Dean didn't care how confused he was at that moment, how betrayed and angry he felt, his sister was terrified, alone, and hurting. So he did what any good big brother would have done. He pushed aside his thoughts and feelings and reached for his sister, circling an arm around her waist and holding her head with his other hand.

He let her cry on him for the longest minute and comforted her to the best of his abilities.

"I have to go," Davina sniffled pulling away, but Dean held onto her hands a wild look in his eyes. "Marcel's not gonna like this if he finds out."

"Screw the bloodsucker!" Dean exploded. "I only just got you back! Vina, you can't just show up and leave me like this!"

Davina's gaze softened at the childhood nickname, but she also knew she was putting her brother in a lot of danger just by being in the same proximity.