twenty five point five: take five

Tealia's POV
"Nolan, I don't wanna fucking help you with this," I hear Dylan exclaim as I'm eavesdropping at the door of the iconic music room 4b.

"Just play the fucking song Dylan," Nolan says pissed off.

"Okay fine but-" I cut Dylan off.

"Hey guys," I say smiling, entering the room, all eyes turning to me in an instant. 

"Hi, Lia," Nolan replies, beaming as well before Bo and Dylan say 'hey' simultaneously. 

"So, why did I have to come here?" I ask before sitting down in the chair in front of the stage.

"Because I'm going to sing you that song I told you about," Nolan smirks.

Bo counts down and they all start playing their instruments.

"I know you like driving me insane," Nolan starts out slowly, in a deep voice. 

"I've got a thing for you,
And I'm done playing games,
But baby are you too?
" he continues as the rhythm fastens.

"When I asked you who you're into,
You told me he was sitting right next to you,
That's when I knew you've got a thing for me too
," Nolan carries on.

"I know we've had a lot of tries,
We messed up so many times,
Four to be precise,
So here goes take five
," Nolan and Dylan sing together.

"I know you like driving me crazy,
You're the only thing that keeps me up at night,
It's pretty infiltrating,
You're the only thing that's always on my mind
," Dylan sings solo.

"Let's go out, I don't want a maybe,
You can't keep me waiting,
I'll see you friday at 8, baby
," Nolan sings alone, winking at me by the last line.

"Don't dress up too much 'cause we're going skating,
I'm done with the chasing,
I don't want things changing anymore
," Dylan pops in again. 

"I know we've had a lot of tries,
We messed up so many times,
Four to be precise,
So here goes take five,
" Nolan sings lead while Bolan and Dylan harmonize in the background, dragging the word 'five'.

"Take one, two, three and four,
We passed them baby and I don't want anymore,
Take one, two, three and four,
Let's try just one more time,
So here goes take five
," Dylan and Nolan sing in sync in a total different rhythm, again dragging the 'five'. When they finish singing they briefly go back to playing the melody of the chorus on their guitars, letting Bolan end the song with a final fill and a crash.

"Thanks guys," Nolan says turning to them as they grab their things. I shoot a quick smile at them before they exit the room.

"So?" Nolan looks at me from the stage, as I sit in the chair in awe.

"It was alright," I say, stressing the 'alright'. I get up and walk towards Nolan who seems to be smirking.

"Alright, huh?" Nolan scoffs and rolls his eyes. 

"I mean, Dylan and Bo were great. You were just... decent, I guess," I chuckle, shrugging. Nolan shakes his head as he gathers his stuff.

"What about Friday at 8?" Nolan asks hesitantly when he turns back around.

"Oh, you're on," I reply.

"We're really going roller skating, by the way," Nolan says as we exit music room 4b and walk towards my locker.

"You know I suck at skating," I sigh. 

"Just about as much as you suck at singing from what I can remember," Nolan replies. 

"It's been awhile since you've seen me do either," I shoot back a minute later when we arrive at my locker.

"Care to refresh my memory, Lia?" Nolan says, pinning me against the locker, leaving little space between us. 

Before I could reply he kissed me.