TWENTYSEVEN|ORACLE

"One second I was in his arms, and the next," I shook my head disdainfully at the memory, "I was in the hands of the monster

"One second I was in his arms, and the next," I shook my head disdainfully at the memory, "I was in the hands of the monster."

My body felt hot, and I had to subdue the tears that threatened to spill over at recalling the previous accounts of how my mind had played evil tricks on me.

Turning good into evil.

Reminding me of the once prominent role that the monster once played in my life.

The mere memory of those years tainted black by the influence of the monster.

-But to divulge back into the tragedies of the past would only mean more emotional suffering in the long term.

That was then...
This was now.

I had to attempt to somehow move on,
But how could I when the past clouded and fogged my reality?

The tendrils of darkness blocking my view of how the real world works, -society's standards.

"It's okay," Lumen said placing her hand on my shoulder in a soothing motion, "I think I know how we can fix this."

"Fix this?"

The monster was a memory from my previous experiences, you can't change memories.
Lumen looked up at me with her piecing blue eyes that were alight with a blinding smile.

"The Oracle." She suggested, looking at me intently.

An Oracle? I knew the basics of what they did, all that stuff about predicting the future, but I had never quite believed in the sincerity behind their magic, usually they were just frauds.

"The pack has a female Oracle named Evanora, you probably haven't seen her as she lives in a secluded clearing by the mouth of the woods."

"So this Oracle... She can help me?"

"Hopefully. She will be able to tell you the reasons why you keep having nightmares and flashbacks about your...past, or maybe even a little something about your future." Lumen gracefully glided over the touchy subject of my past, as not to relive the flashbacks yet again.

"When will we be able to see her?" I asked, subconsciously wringing my hands.

"This evening hopefully, we will just need to ask Kaden first."

"Will he say yes?"

"I see no reason why not, let's go ask now."
Lumen said, getting up from her seat on the couch and heading up towards Kaden's office with me, padding along quietly behind her.

"Come in." Kaden boomed from the other side of the door, sending a strange vibrating feeling through my body at the sheer power embedded in his tone.

My wolf liked his Alpha voice.
-A bit too much.

We both entered the room and for a moment, his eyes were cold and hard but instantly softened when he realised who we were.

His delicious scent invaded my senses, that combined with his godlike appearance making it extremely difficult to concentrate on the task at hand.

What were we here for again?

Lumen plopped down in one of the comfortable love seats that adorned the outskirts of the room in between the packed bookshelves.

I was about the join her before Kaden's strong arms wrapped possessive your around my waist, pulling me back to sit on his lap, his head buried deeply in the crook of my neck, drinking in my scent, as I was secretly his.

"What did you come here to ask for this time." Kaden smirked, raising his head from my neck to gaze at Lumen.

"We need answers, so I thought it would be a good idea if I take Arden to visit Evanora, she could maybe help to find out why Arden keeps getting flashbacks and nightmares, or tell us what is yet to come."

Kaden looked up at me, carefully examining my face for any signs of distress.

His eyes twinkled ever so slightly with an unshed emotion that I couldn't quite trace as he turned back to face Lumen, his eyes not quite as soft as before.

"Lumen, you know I don't believe in any of the bullshit that old lady spews."

"Kaden!" Lumen gasped, "Its not bullshit!"

"You didn't let me finish," Kaden frowned, "Anyways, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," He drawled, "If you really want to go, then you can."

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
~🍟