38|Instinct

"What?"

"What?"

"You... You have his eyes," I gasped,

Blue

The shade of a brilliant ocean, the calm morning breeze rippling off the dew of the waves.

"Who? Who's eyes?" Kaden looked genuinely hurt and confused,

He didn't know.
-he couldn't have known.

"The monster." I choked, the word sounding forced and foreign from my tongue.

His name I never knew, but a likeness I hadn't voiced in a long time.

But there he was, right in front of me, my mate with the very same eyes as the monster that stole my childhood, and many years after, that however hard I tried, I could never regain.

Kaden's face was blank and completely void of any sort of emotion, before it morphed into one of complete and utter rage. His wolf rising to take over but Kaden held him back, but only just and not without great struggle.
The true force of an Alpha wolf,
His canines bared, lips twisted up into a vicious snarl.

"That bastard!"
He growled, his bark rippling off the walls, and he looked almost as if he were about to explode, fly off the handle and unleash his rage upon anyone and everyone.

A look that made even me cower.
I remember period of time after I met Kaden, he scared me shitless.
-because he reminded me of the monster.

But that wasn't who he really was, because wasn't-isn't a monster.

His touch gentle against the monster's harsh fists.

"My very own-! My own blood, how fucking dare he!"
He spat, slamming his fist against the wall, the loud noise making me blanche back on instinct.

My heart was beating at an unnaturally fast pace, each palpitation slamming into my body, the adrenaline running thick through my blood.

I hadn't seen Kaden like this in many moons, he was rabid, terrifying.

-So I did what I always do,

I ran.

"You're so beautiful when you cry."

I ran from the bathroom and down the marble stairs, my bare feet thudding against the floors, and my heart slamming against my rib she, as if it were trying to break free.

'Go back!'
My wolf screamed at the top of her lungs, begging me to return to the safety and comfort of my mate.
-but the truth was, I knew I didn't want to leave, I knew I wasn't going to leave... I just needed to get away.
-Far away.

From all of this,
-From the monster.

"Arden come back!" Kaden boomed, his thunderous footsteps crashing down the stairs in close pursuit.

"Don't you dare leave me, ever... because if you do, I will find you, and I will make you suffer beyond belief."

I threw myself against the large front doors, willing it to open.

They cracked open ever so slightly, struggling amongst their own tremendous weight, and letting in a thin streak of outside sunlight blinding me, but my plan to flee was haulted when strong hands grabbed me from behind.

"Cry for me Arden."

"Arden, stop!"

I kicked and screamed, flailing my limbs in every direction in a last desperate attempt to escape, to be free.

"My pretty little mate."

"Let me go!" I cried, thrashing and kicking out with my legs, my heart feeling although it were about to explode from my chest and my head a mess of memories and realities. Like a tangled knot of the two, my mind unable to separated one from the other.
-clouding what was happening right now, with the horrors of the parts.

"That's right, scream. You know you like it."

I could hear two voices, the one in my head that sounded like the monster, and the other, whispering calming words into my ear, that belonged to my mate.

"Where am I?" I sobbed, still trying to break free from my captors hold.

"Your here, with me," Came Kaden's soothing voice, accompanied by the familiar sparks that I had come to associate with him.

"Who was he?" I sobbed, clutching onto Kaden so hard that my nails tore into his skin, but he ignored the pain if any was present.

I didn't need to specify, he knew what I ment.
-He knew the monster.

Knew who he was.
Possible even spoke to him before, before everything changed when he met me.

"I'll make sure he never lays another hand on you ever again." Kaden growled,

"Who?" I repeated, hesitant to know wether I even wanted to know the identity of my captor.

"My own brother, Elijah."

***
I know, I know, another short chapter, and in my personal opinion I have to say, this is definitely not one of my best chapters, so... sorry about that.
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟