43|Rebirth

When the world turns to shit,And the clouds tumble from the sky

And the clouds tumble from the sky.
I thought that they would be it.
-that they would be the one thing left standing on this wretched earth.

But now, when the world actually has gone,
The one thing that everybody thought would be the lone standing force, has fallen.
If he fell, she would fall.

She would plummet from the heavens, crashing down to reality.
And the monsters would crawl their way up through the depths of hell to swallow her into their misery.

-But that road went both ways,

If she fell, he would also fall.

-A two way street.

It was all or nothing,
Together or not at all.

When she saw him, she fell.
Her walls came crashing down,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

I left them alone, it may be their final moments together after all.

Yes, he was my brother. But I owed it to Arden to at least let them have their final goodbyes in the comfort of privacy.

I could hear her desperate cries through the door, begging him to stay.

A single tear rolled off my cheek, my own selfish thoughts creeping into the forefront of my mind.
Hadn't I lost enough.

My mother,
My father,
My mate.

And now did I have to loose my only brother as well?

Because of him.
He wasn't my brother.
We shared blood, and that was it, I refused to associate myself with that monster.

Kaden had told me all that Elijah had done, and now that deluded soul had taken it upon himself to rid the world of all that made Arden happy.

He could never just let her be.
Let her be happy without him.

"Lumen," I heard Arden scream through the door, her voice gripped in fear.

Maybe, this was it.
Maybe he had flatlined,
Fallen to deeply into sleep, never to wake again.
Maybe, Kaden was dead.

I burst through the door, the hinges screeching in protest.

"Oh my god,"

I turned to scream out the door, "Nurse!"

Several pairs of footsteps flooded the hall, before bodies came, cramming themselves into the white walled room.

"Hold him down," One of them ordered, fiddling with one of the many cables that attached him to the surrounding machines.

Through the all chaos, one small word spoken by a barely there voice broke through the clutter.

"Arden,"

She frantically pushed past the huddle of uniforms, desperate to get to her mate.

"Kaden," She sobbed, clutching his large hand tightly in her much smaller one, she was afraid, it was easy to tell.

-Afraid that she would loose him.
-As was I.

We both needed him.
We all did, his pack needed him just as much as we did.

The monotonous bleeping from the heart rate monitor suddenly sped up, the beats becoming stronger and faster.

One of the nurses stared at the couple in awe and wonder, "It's her," she mumbled, more to herself then anyone else, "It's the bond."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, furrowing my brow at the woman.

"Her touch helps him, because of the mate bond. I had heard about this type of healing before from an oracle years ago, but I had never seen it in action until now..."

Arden stared at her palms, as if looking for some sort of magic to sprout from her finger tips, before reverting her gaze back to Kaden.

He was blocked from my view by the Crowd of nurses, but I could see a small smile on Arden's face, and hear that he was whispering something to her, though his voice was weak and tired, at least it was there.

He was conscious.
-Alive.

"I'm fine, it's you we need to worry about," She reassured him,

A short laugh escaped my lips, typical Kaden.
Worrying about Arden's wellbeing before his own.

She was alive.
-and so was he, and that... was all that mattered.

***
Sorry that this chapter is like... really really short...
And not exactly one of my best chapters and also extremely unedited.
-Oh well, maybe next time.
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟