39|Winter is coming

Yet another day where I awake to the sound of my own screams

Another day where I awake to Kaden trying desperately to wake me from my frantic state.

Just another day.

I shouldn't be like this, it really wasn't fair of Kaden, and maybe if I didn't stop these terrible habits he would grow bored of me and leave.

-I wouldn't blame him.
If I was him I would leave me too, though I know that I would never be able to leave Kaden if it were the other way around.

"Arden, you need to see a doctor, this isn't normal." He said softly, rubbing small circles on the small of my back with the pads of his fingers.

He always knew exactly what to do to calm me down.

I wanted to argue back and say that I didn't need a doctor, that I was perfectly fine. But I knew that he was right, I did need to see a doctor, his past week I had been waking up every morning screaming, and throwing up what ever was in my stomach.

This defiantly wasn't normal.
And I defiantly needed help.

Maybe they should just lock me away, in the deepest depths of the dungeons, they should just let me rot.

They didn't deserve that trouble that I brought with me.
-Kaden didn't.
-Lumen didn't.
My brother didn't.

***

We journeyed out to the pack house later that day, the trees swaying ever so slightly in the autumn breeze, leaves dancing in the wind as they fell from the trees to join the others that crunched under foot on the cold hard ground.

Winter is coming, and it is approaching fast.
The first morning dew occasionally turning into frosted glass and the animals constantly gathering their forage in preparation for the harsh winter ahead.

"Arden, we're here already," Kaden chuckled, taking my hand and leading me inside, I didn't miss the way my body hummed with pleasure at the jolts of electricity being passed between us.

He led me through the wide hallways until we came to an elevator, once we were inside he pressed several buttons, I jolted slightly as we began to move, clutching onto Kaden's arm, he just smiled slightly at me.

I watched as the dial above the door began to climb.

1,2,3,4,5,6

The elevator halted once it got to six, and the doors slid open to reveal a large open planned space, that looked like some sort of hospital reception, with its white walls, and marble floors that led a lady sitting behind a large reception desk.

"Alpha, Luna." She bowed her head towards Kaden and I as a sign of respect.

It still shocked me that Kaden's pack respected me, wanted to watch was I grew further and further away from the person that I was before.
-before I met Kaden.

"We need to see a doctor." He snapped, growing increasingly agitated, and he kept stepping from one foot to the other, in a bid to calm himself.

Why was he so anxious?

I could sense his wolf was on edge aswel, his senses heightened, so I put a reassuring hand on his forearm, our eyes meeting briefly before he locked eyes with the receptionist once more who shivered slightly under my mates gaze.

'Mine.' My wolf hissed, rearing her head.

It wasn't the way Kaden was looking at her that got me riled up, it was the fact that she reacted to him merely looking at her.

Kaden is a god among men, but he is also mine.

Only I could look at him the way this she-wolf was looking at him.

"Arden, calm down." His steely voice dragged me out of my jealous thoughts. I didn't realise that I was digging my nails into Kaden's arm so hard I punctured the skin, leaving visible pinpricks of blood ,all the time giving the scared looking receptionist a death glare.

"Something is definitely wrong, your acting...strange." He said looking puzzled, though I could only focus on his lips rather then his words.
-oh how I wanted to kiss him, show that bitch just who he belonged to.

"I'm fine." I snapped, breaking our gaze in favour of letting my eyes wonder around the empty lobby, trying to ignore the way my stomach churned and my head throbbed in ache.

"Please, come on through." Said a petite blonde woman in a blue gown and Doctors attire, holding a mud brown clipboard in her hands.

We followed her through the hospital halls until she led us to a private room with large glass windows where I was instructed to lay on a plain white bed.

"I'll just go fetch the healer." The blonde squeaked, before scuttling out of the room, leaving Kaden and I alone.

"Nothing wrong with me." I grumbled, fiddling with the hem of my T-shirt, I had taken to wearing Kaden's clothes, which were baggy of my small frame as of late, even though Kaden had seen my body completely bare before, I still felt extremely self conscious recently, more so than normal.

"It's just worth getting you checked out." He said, his voice calm and soothing, making me relax deeper into the bed, "besides you smell different."

I was about to protest and tell Kaden exactly where he could shove his opinion, when the door burst open and in walked a middle aged woman, with long grey hair that flowed in curled past her shoulders, which were adorned with a white lab coat.

"Alpha, Luna." She bowed, "How may I be of service?"

"Something's wrong, she's been getting increasingly bad nightmares, and her scent... it's different." Kaden frowned, staring at me whilst I glared back at him.
Once the healer did whatever she needed to do, she would prove once and for all that there was nothing wrong with me, I probably just had a sickness bug.

***
A few tests later the doctor came back to the room, with an ear to ear grin, and a piece of paper in her hands as she approached Kaden and I.

"Have you found out what's wrong?" Kaden said, eagerly standing to his feet from the chair he had sat down in, and I sat up straiter on the bed, ready to hear my diagnosis.
-If there even was one.

"Yes we have, and you'll be quite pleased to know that it's nothing bad," she smiled, "In fact, it's quite the opposite really."

I frowned at the woman, and Kaden shot me a confused look, linking his hand with mine on the bed.

"The Luna's pregnant."

***
I'm still on holiday but I have wifi in certain places!!
What did you guys think if this chapter?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟