"You should always know how beautiful you are, Lucy."

When Lucy told Camila she was going to show her the world, the girl really spared no expense. Their time was limited in Italy but Lucy made sure to show Camila what travelling was, she offered Camila the exhilaration of freedom and self-satisfaction.

Natural the first destination the older girl had to take the celebrity was the Pisa Tower where Lucy insisted Camila take one of those corny photos that made it look like the girl was leaning against it. To which, of course, Camila insisted Lucy do the same and then both had a fellow tourist take a picture of them together. Lucy looking like she was leaning against it with Camila looking like she was preventing it from falling.

Upon reviewing the photos, both agreed to never display them on any public forum.

Camila's favourite place by far though was the Trevi Fountain. She remembered watching the Lizzie McGuire movie and dreaming of meeting her prince charming the same way Lizzie had, though more so in a Gordo style. Camila always wanted a Gordo instead of a Paolo to meet her at the fountain.

Lucy had made the entire occasion special, making sure to cover the younger girl's eyes with her hands as soon as they stepped out of the car and forcefully pushing through people so Camila Cabello could have her moment at the front of the fountain.

The celebrity remembered feeling an overwhelming wave of joy wash through her as her eyes feasted on the sight before her. The statues, the structure behind them, the crystal clear water with the pool littered with coins ranging from all over the world and Camila almost kicked herself for only bringing her credit card instead of some loose change.

Of course, Lucy had that covered and offered Camila a handful of coins to make a handful of wishes.

"Make sure it's for you this time," Lucy instructed as Camila turned her back to the fountain, a wide smile stretched across her lips. "I don't want you wasting these."

"I'll make one for both of us," Camila's eyes took in just how dazzling the beaming sun made Lucy look and the genuine happiness shining in those familiar brown eyes. It felt almost as if Lucy was leeching off of her own happiness and it was exhilarating to know that her own joy was worth that much to the older girl. "I wish...we have the most unforgettable trip." She decided to voice what she wanted, for all the world to hear even if it wasn't listening.

Lucy was listening.

That was enough for Camila.

"I wish we both find the happiness we deserve." And then Camila tossed the coin, deciding that if fate held any kindness towards her, she would only need the one coin.

The pair stayed at the fountain for a few hours, most of that was spent taking photos between them and some of Camila's fans that had happened to spot her.

Lucy loved how Camila interacted with people. She knew some people would get annoyed by the constant attention, the constant array of people swarming around them but Camila welcomed every smile and every greeting and it left Lucy feeling even more enamoured by the girl. She watched on as Camila signed pieces of paper that would probably one day become nothing more than fuel to a fire and she watched Camila take pictures that would probably one be tucked into a forgotten album somewhere and she decided then and there that Camila was the most beautiful girl she'd ever come to know.

A few times they made eye contact while Camila was with her fans and all those times Camila offered her friend a soft smile, not knowing at all the effect it had on the older girl. Every time Camila smiled at her, Lucy's heart picked up its pace and she knew she reciprocated the gesture with a dopey one of her own.

It was almost pathetic to Lucy how easily she'd fallen into the trap that was Camila Cabello again. She had almost been certain that two years apart would somehow dim her feelings for the girl but she was dead wrong. If anything, reuniting with the younger girl after two years of separation made everything so much stronger.

And Lucy knew it was sort of wrong, because Lauren was still her best friend and out of sheer respect for that, she shouldn't allow her feelings to be broadcasted so openly. But Camila was right there. She was in reach and Lauren had been out of the picture for two years.

Lauren was with Keana, the pair lived together in their apartment near campus and Lucy remembered Lauren telling her just how in love she was with Keana and how she was sure Keana was the one. So why couldn't Camila then be Lucy's 'one'?

And the answer was simple; because Lauren was still Camila's 'one'. And Camila had made that perfectly clear.

"Hey, sorry," Camila made it back to Lucy breathless and waving off her fans. "Dinner, my treat, okay?"

"Fine, but I'm picking."

"I think we could find the most low-key pizza joint here and it would still be better than anything in the states." Camila scoffed, looping her arm through Lucy's and dragging the girl along with her. "Wait, we are getting pizza, right?"

"You get pizza, I'll get pasta and we'll mix it up." Lucy nudged the girl as they made their way towards their waiting car.

"See, this is why I love you." The younger girl said offhandedly, not realising the onslaught of emotions that hit Lucy at hearing those words.

"You'd like me more if you knew what these fingers could do." The older girl played it off smoothly.

"Jesus," Camila groaned as she slipped into the car. "Nothing is sacred around you."

"I was talking about a massage," Lucy rolled her eyes, that trademark smirk in place again. "Damn, Cabello, you thirsty for me or what?"

"You're such a jerk."

"Yeah, well, I'm a hot one, so you could have it worse."

"True," Camila shrugged, gaining Lucy's attention quickly.

"You just called me hot." Lucy pointed out.

"You are hot." The younger girl arched a brow in confusion. "Am I missing something?"

"I don't think you've ever said anything nice about my outward appearance before."

"Before was when I was dating Lauren and she would've lost it if I did. You've always been beautiful, Lucy...inside and out." Camila said it so dismissively, as if it should be common knowledge and it left a flurry of butterflies not only in Lucy's stomach but in the pulse in her veins and in her heart. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before." Camila mistook Lucy's silence for disappointment.

"No, hey, fuck, that was just...it was nice." The older girl smiled, it was small and real and Camila loved it.

"I'll say it more then."

"You don't have to."

"You should always know how beautiful you are, Lucy." The younger Latina shook her head slowly.

Camila didn't know why it suddenly bothered her that Lucy never though she found her attractive. Lucy was always so confident in herself that Camila never thought she had to voice how beautiful she thought Lucy was but after hearing how satisfied the older girl sounded, it was like a need for her to remind the other Latina of her thoughts regularly now.

She always wanted Lucy to know that she thought she was beautiful. She loved how gorgeous Lucy was, she had this exotic look and those playful brown eyes that had Camila smiling when they were smiling. And her heart was so pure at times, so selfless. She might act like a complete lunatic for the majority of their time together, but Camila knew it all stemmed from a good place.

Lucy had proven that by taking her to the fountain and remembering for her to bring coins.

Lucy was really starting to surprise Camila with her knowledge of what the younger girl would appreciate.

She was also eliciting a skip in Camila's heartbeat every time she did something out of character.

And it left Camila terrified.